Decent

1022 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written September 30 2020
Posted October 18 2020

NEXT UPDATE is November 1 2020

Kaito sniffed, frowned, then sniffed again only to get the same results. His nose was stuffed up, he hated getting stuffy noses. The magician shot his open window a glare, his nose was probably like this because he forgot to close it before bed. The night had been cooler than usual. He'd even left a drool spot on his pillow since he couldn't really breathe through his nose. Ick. He pulled out his phone to check the time, indigos narrowing at the answer. He had school in an hour.

Should he skip? It wouldn't really affect his grades since the teachers liked it when he didn't show up. They were rude like that. But then Aoko would probably get on his case and annoy him, maybe even Saguru too. A scowl crossed over Kaito's face at the thought of Saguru asking him if being Kaitou Kid was too much for him, that was definitely something the other would do, the bastard.

So skipping didn't seem like it would be a good idea, not if he wanted peace. The magician sighed, stretching before getting up fully, maybe a hot shower would help. He didn't really feel sick, the cold air had just messed with his nose. The steam should probably help him, right?

*

Kaito groaned, setting his head down on his desk. He'd made an error, he felt horrible. While he'd felt great after having a hot shower, by the time he'd reached the school, his limbs had begun to feel weak. Why did his health deceive him? Why couldn't he have felt horrible before heading out? Now he was stuck in class, he didn't have the energy to go back home.

"Kuroba" Saguru eyed the other curiously "Was last night's heist too much for you?" He inquired, raising a brow. The magician seemed exhausted.

"Go away Hakubastard" Kaito growled, lifting his head enough to shoot the blond a glare "I don't want to deal with you today" He'd actually forgotten that he'd held a heist last night.

The blond blinked, getting a better look at Kaito "On a more serious note, I do think that you don't seem okay" He hadn't noticed how pale the magician was, Kaito was definitely sick "I'm quite sure that our teacher wouldn't oppose you going to the nurse's office"

Kaito just hissed out a breath, baring his teeth in defiance "I'm good" He didn't like Saguru, the guy was a jerk. It had nothing to do with the fact that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to get there without taking a break. His head felt like it was filled with cotton "You're voice is annoying, go away" He'll just sleep until lunch, he'd feel better by then.

*

Kaito blinked, feeling groggy. It took a few moments for him to identify his location, he was in the nurse's office. He frowned, slowly sitting up, keeping his eyes closed to lessen the vertigo that hit him from the small action. He didn't remember going here, he'd been sleeping in his classroom, so why was here here?

"So you're awake"

Indigos reopened to see Saguru standing in the doorway, arms crossed with a passive expression on his face "Go away" He flicked his fingers in a shooing motion.

"Maybe I shouldn't have tricked Nakamori-san into thinking that you just needed some sleep" The blond sighed, knowing that the girl would have pestered Kaito and bothered him. He pulled out his phone "I'm sure that she wouldn't mind coming back to school to pick you up"

"What?" Kaito's gaze narrowed with confusion before he glanced at the wall clock, school had ended over an hour ago "How?" He'd really slept through the whole day?

Saguru rolled his eyes, amused by how dim the other was acting, though it was probably due to the fever "I brought you here during lunch, then told everyone that you went home sick from staying up too late" He knew that the other basically lived alone, and sending him back in a taxi had sounded iffy at best considering Kaito's condition. So just leaving him in the nurse's office had seemed like the best choice.

"Oh..." The magician eyed Saguru with suspicion "That was surprisingly kind of you" The blond was supposed to be an asshole.

Gold narrowed "I'm a detective because I want to help people" It never failed to irk him when people assumed the worst from him "I may not like you, but I can be a decent person" And he respected the other to a certain extent, or at the very least respected his skills.

Kaito grimaced, feeling awkward "Sorry" He scratched his cheek "Thank you for keeping Aoko away" He loved her, but she could be loud and overbearing. He shifted, readying himself to get up since he couldn't stay at the school for too long. He felt himself sway, only to be steadied by Saguru's firm grip.

"You have a really bad fever, Baaya should be here soon" Saguru explained as he let the other go once he was sure that Kaito wouldn't fall.

"Baaya?" Why would Saguru's housekeeper matter?

"She's going to help me get you home" He couldn't drive yet.

The magician frowned "I don't need help" He was capable enough to get home on his own! He went to get up again but the other's sudden hold on his shoulders stopped him, he scowled "Let go"

"Just let me help" It was quite cold out today "I'm paranoid since I've seen many horrible things due to my occupation as a detective"

Kaito eyed Saguru for a good few moments before sighing "Fine" He couldn't believe that the guy was trying to guilt trip him!

The blond let out a relieved breath, shoulders losing some tension "I promise that I won't intrude your house" He checked his pocket watch "We should probably start heading out now"

"'Kay" Kaito allowed the other to help him up since it seemed better than falling on his face. He hadn't expected the blond to do something like this, especially for someone he didn't like. Maybe instead of a jerk, the guy was just annoying instead.

Me: No shippings of friendship, but some mutual understanding instead~

Next time, the start of a multi-parter~ less angsty than the last one though~

3 parts written so far~

Hope you enjoyed~

Female cats can be referred to as Queens ^-^

The process of them giving birth is called Queening

So why is dogs giving birth called whelping instead of Bitching?

"Oh no, the dog is bitching too early!"
"It's too early for bitching!"

XD