Unexpected (Unexpected)

1013 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Idea requested by @JennieRightMeow

Request Given October 13 2019
Written October 16 2019
Posted November 17 2019

"Keibu! Watch out!" Ginzo didn't even have time to register who had spoken before he was roughly shoved to the ground. The asphalt scraped harshly at the back of his hands. He suddenly heard Aoko screaming, though her screams were mixed with sobs. He blinked in confusion as he sat up, it slowly registered to him that the weight on his lap was Kaito. His head suddenly cleared, Kaito was bleeding out on his lap.

"Aoko, call an ambulance!" He spat out a few choice swear words after giving out the orders, Kaito was losing blood fast. Almost too fast. He swiftly moved the shivering teen onto the ground before placing more pressure on the wound. Kaito had been shot in the shoulder, close but not quite on his collar bone. Once pressure was applied he glanced around, his gaze narrowing when he spotted the shooter. The bastard was friends with one of the people he's recently arrested,  the bastard was even grinning "God dammit!" He hissed, not bothering to chase the culprit. He knew their face, he'd catch the asshole later. He swallowed nervously, Kaito needed him right now.

"Kaito!" Aoko cried, falling down to her knees once she'd finished calling the ambulance. Tears were cascading down her face as she shakily grabbed the magician's hand. Kaito grimaced before pain fogged indigos blinked open halfway.

"Ao-" His words were suddenly cut off by a series of wet coughs, blood speckled Kaito's chin. Ginzo cursed once more. Had the angle of the bullet make it nick a lung or something?! There was no exit wound after all.

"Bakaito shut up..." Aoko whined, fearful of the pain that talking seemed to cause the magician.

Ginzo suddenly froze, glancing down at the bleeding teen warily. This situation seemed so fucking familiar. A flash of blood stained white ghosted over his vision as he gazed at Kaito. Horror dawning over him at the realization. This wasn't the first time that Kaito had been bleeding out in his arms, nor was it the first time that the stupid teen had taken a bullet for him. Kid had done the same thing only a few months ago, and just like today, Ginzo had held the wounded thief. He hadn't tried to reveal the bastard's identity out of respect but the close distance had made it hard to properly hide the other's face. He'd initially buried the memory out of denial, but now that memory was at the forefront of his mind. Kaito was Kaitou Kid. Kid had been unexpectedly light, just like Kaito, not to mention that they both had the same damn face. Not to mention that Kid had said the exact same thing in the exact same voice before getting shot, for once his poker face had been shattered. He heard sirens approaching and let out a relieved breath, good. The idiot better not die before he got his answers.

*

Aoko was crying in his arms as they waited in the hospital's waiting room, off and on he would give her reassurances that Kaito would be all right. They guy wasn't that easy to get rid off.

He was a little grateful for the wait time that resulted from Kaito being in surgery, it allowed him enough time to collect his thoughts. Kaito was Kid, it actually wasn't as shocking of a discovery as he'd initially thought it'd be. The magician didn't really do much to hide his craziness. No what really bothered him was why. Why was Kaito going out at night to steal gems only to return them soon after? He knew Kaito was crazy, but to purposely antagonize people with guns? That was a little much even for him.

Ginzo wanted to be able to easily say that he was going to arrest Kaito, but at the same he didn't want to. Kaito wasn't really doing that much harm right? In actuality the magician was doing a lot more good than most people. So was it really okay to arrest him? Especially like this? It didn't seem fair when Kaito had been dressed in white, and it still didn't seem fair now.

He frowned, could he even arrest Kaito right now like this? The only actual proof he had was his memories, which he'd lied about the last time Kaito as Kid had been shot. He'd covered for the thief back then. Wouldn't that in itself put his word under speculation? At the very most Kaito would just be put under watch for a while.

Ginzo let out a tired breath as he ran his fingers through his daughter's hair to soothe her. He'd let Kaito go for now, the idiot had already saved him countless times in the past. That, and he didn't want to know what those mysterious gunmen at the heists would do if they knew Kaitou Kid had been captured. What if they took advantage of the situation and killed Kaito? He became an officer because he'd wanted to protect people, wouldn't arresting Kaito do the opposite? He closed his eyes, that settled it. He'd hear the idiot out and move on from there.

"Is anyone here for Kuroba-san?" A nurse inquired as she stepped into the room.

"Here" He called as he and Aoko shared a nervous look. A nurse meant that Kaito was either okay or something had happened.

She smiled warmly "Kuroba-san made it out of surgery okay without any complications" She stated "He's now resting in room 205 and is cleared for visitors" She paused "Though he still may be asleep from the anaesthetics"

Ginzo quickly thanked her and glanced towards Aoko "Lets go visit that idiot" He breathed.

A small smile made its way onto his daughter's lips at his words "Yes, Aoko needs to chew Bakaito out for getting hurt"

Ginzo snorted, he didn't really pity the injured magician "True, he should have yanked me instead of tackling me" He stated, despite knowing that the forward momentum must have been hard to stop. He just mainly said it for Aoko's sake. Kaito wouldn't have been able to save him if he'd attempted to yank him.

Me: The request was the common (but loved) cliche of Kaito taking a bullet for Nakamori after stealing a gem and having his identity revealed to Ginzo in the process...

But I wanted to spice it up a little since I've read many fics involving that scenario~

It was interesting to write~ Hope you enjoyed~

I like being a little ahead because then there's a chance that the person could forget what they requested and thus be surprised~ same with adding a twist~