Bittersweet (End)

1017 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
~Yay 60k Words~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Written March 30 2020
Posted April 9 2020

Extra update~

God there was so much blood. Normally steady hands shook as Kaito tried to wipe it away, not wanting the ruby liquid to taint anything else. His breath was coming in ragged gulps, lungs straining against his broken ribs, piercing deeper with each breath. The blood dribbling down his chin was of little consequence to him as he dragged himself over, towards Conan. Indigos burned, the little sleuth had stopped breathing long before Snake had met his end. He hadn't meant to kill the sniper, not really. He'd just wanted to stop the man. The bastard.

A high pitched whine was forced from the tiny sleuth as Snake's boot made contact with his gut, again, and again. The kicking never seemed to stop, not even when blood began to spew from that tiny mouth, or when Conan's body went limp. The brutal assault continued, with Kaito unable to do anything but watch from his position pinned under a large rock. It'd fallen when the magician had been thrown against the small overhang.

The beating never stopped, not even when the tiny sleuth couldn't have been anything but dead. No, the bastard had continued, gaze locked with Kaito's as he ignored Kaito's cries and pleas for him to stop.

Eventually, the magician had caught sight of one of the killer's discarded guns, knocked away via a soccer ball courtesy of Conan. His vision was blurry, and both hands were shaking, but did that really matter? Conan was already dead, the only one who could die was Snake. Scarily enough, he wouldn't have really minded much if that happened. So he took the shot, Snake died.

"C-Conan..." Kaito wheezed, lungs burning, heavy. Tears fell, mixing with blood. Red was such a beautiful colour, one of passion and life, yet it made the sleuth look so pale in contrast to it. Trembling fingers reached out, shaking as he brushed a strand of hair out of the boy's swollen face. Breathing was kinda hard, especially when blood was trickling into his lungs, but that was fine.

He dragged himself closer, wrapping his battered body around Conan's smaller broken one. He was dying, so he might as well die next to him. He didn't regret it, not anything. The past year that he'd spent with Conan had been wonderful, he'd been able to be himself. Able to take down his masks.

Moments after the teen's breath stilled, the gem in Conan's breast pocket began to glow. Coated in a mixture of both their blood and tears, the white diamond shone red, enveloping the entire hillside it it's warm light. Wounds began to mend, blood replenished itself, and chests began to move once more. Rising and falling, but this time without any pain. Indigos opened just in time to watch the gem liquefy and seep into both his own, and Conan's skin.

A sharp scream tore itself from Conan's throat as the tiny sleuth began to writhe, body shaking, trembling, warming. Then he was growing, tendons, muscle, and bone twisting and warping as it was forced to grow. Kaito scrambled to his knees, eyes wide in disbelief as he began to cut away the other's clothes with his glass cutter just in time for Kudo Shinichi to come into himself. Pandora had cleansed the other of the poison.

The two laid there in silence, clinging onto each other as if someone would try to separate them. The only sounds were from their own breathing. They'd both been dead, truly dead. Yet here they were, both alive, and healthy. Pandora was nowhere in sight, and by the looks of it, Snake hadn't returned like they had. Maybe it was because the guy's blood hadn't coated it as well? They couldn't know for sure.

"S-Shinichi" Kaito's voice was wet as he met the other's gaze. Azure was ringed with a glowing red hue, which meant that his own were probably the same. Was Pandora gone? Or had it just changed it's form? Did that really matter right now? No. Shinichi was alive, breathing, himself. That's what mattered.

Azure softened as the sleuth took hold of Kaito's hand, it was trembling "Kaito" Hopefully the glow could be masked somehow. His free hand moved towards his pocket, only to pause when he realized that he wasn't wearing any clothes. A dark blush crept across his cheeks as he pulled himself closer to the other in an attempt to hide his nudity. They were outside. He heard a soft chuckle before he found himself clothed in a spare pair of Kaito's clothes "Thanks" He breathed, cheeks warm.

Kaito just offered a dopey smile, indigos soft as he took in the other's vitality. He'd watched Conan die, but now the guy was back, but stronger. He was so fucking happy that he hadn't gotten the other killed, at least not permanently.

Indigos blinked "For you" Shinichi was offering him a rose? Cheeks were dusted a soft pink as the sleuth held the flower out to him. The poor thing was mangled, the stem twisted and broken in multiple areas and the bud itself was drooping with most of its petals missing. Indigos watered as he accepted the red rose, had Shinichi been holding it all day? Unlike himself, Shinichi didn't know how to preserve roses under his clothes so it'd mostly wilted. He held the flimsy thing against his chest, cradling it gently, it'd probably been damaged further by Snake.

"Thank you" Tears were falling down his face, but he didn't bother wiping them away. A red rose, Shinichi had given him a red rose. They were both quite familiar with the meaning behind a red rose. He carefully brought it up to his nose to give it a sniff, he could barely smell it, but that was fine "Can I be yours" He paused, meeting the sleuth's gaze "Forever?" His voice was soft.

"I'd like that" Shinichi moved his head closer, pausing, breath ghosting each other's lips before shortening the distance. They held each other, lost in the other's warmth. They had all the time in the world now, the details regarding the Crows could wait a few more hours, or days.

Me: This was very fun to write~

Hope you enjoyed~

Any happy/sweet prompt ideas? Involving Kaito and someone besides hakuba?

The next multiparter is long and quite horrible (Hints: Rated 18+), but I can't just semi-spam it safely without happy fics to go after it

Have one so far~ need a few more~ and I also need to finish zee multiparter >^> so long it is...