Random Woes of Unexpected Animals*

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written May 9 2021
Posted June 20 2021

NEXT UPDATE is on July 4 2021

Kaito whimpered miserably, the heist had ended horribly. Well horribly for himself, not Kid. After he'd escaped into the forest, he'd come across a creature that he hadn't expected to see. Unfortunately his hasty movements had ended up startling said creature. Now, he was a pin cushion. Why had nobody mentioned the fact that the owner's kid had accidentally released their pet porcupine? That was a big deal wasn't it?

Now because nobody had said anything, the poor magician was in pain. Kaito didn't know how to remove porcupine quills... He'd tried tugging, but that had just resulted in a bloody arm because apparently the things are barbed?! What was with that? After his failure, Kaito had decided to look up what to do.

The magician bit his lip, it looked like removing them all would be quite difficult by himself. He'd probably be able to get them all out eventually, but it would take a while. The possible dangers that could happen if he was slow were also kinda scary. Kaito wasn't experienced when it came to porcupine knowledge, but reading that they kept digging deeper wasn't something he'd been happy to find out.

With that knowledge in mind, Kaito did the logical thing. He broke into Saguru's room to ask for help "Saguru help" Kaito whined.

The blond blinked, turning away from the book he'd been reading, squinting when he took in the other's appearance "What happened?" Those couldn't be what he thought they were could they? "Are those porcupine quills?" He asked, bewildered. He didn't think Japan had any porcupines.

Kaito nodded sadly "I accidentally spooked one"

Gold flitted to the bloodied bandage wrapped around the other's left upper arm "Come here so I can help you" He'd check under the bandage after his friend no longer had dirty quills digging into his skin "One of my uncle's dogs once went after a porcupine so I know what to do"

The magician offered a thankful smile "You're the best Saguru"

*

Kid smirked as he silently walked above the Kaitou Kid task force, surely they should have looked up by now right? The beams were a comfortable width, the odds of him falling were slim to none. It was an older warehouse with a high ceiling which meant that there were tons of wooden beams for him to walk across.

He'd led them here on a whim after running from his latest heist. It had been a while since they'd had a proper chase so Kid had wanted to give them one to change things up a bit. He couldn't have his loyal task force getting too bored now could he? That wouldn't be any fun. The thief wanted to make it seem like they at least had a chance, even if said chance was actually non-existent.

Grinning, Kid threw a glitter bomb before hiding behind one of the vertical beams. The thief stifled a chuckle at the sound of a few startled cries, he'd hit his mark. Like always. Playing with his task force was always so much fun, they always looked brighter afterwards. Kid pursed his lips, now if only that brightness could grow faster in the less physical way. He's been improving at a pace that the task force hasn't been able to keep up with, it was almost sad...

Kid went about tossing a variety of smoke, glitter, slime, and paint bombs at his devoted force as he went about hopping around excitedly among the beams. Halfway through they actually started to look up, so now they were looking for a way up. The thief smirked, there was no way up besides hopping from the adjacent building. So he had all the time in the world to mess with them, maybe they'll actually give up despite not losing sight of him? Nah, the inspector would never allow it.

"You won't be catching me tonight Keibu" Kid singsonged, twirling around a beam. Wow, Ginzo was positively fuming.

"Get down here!" The inspector growled.

The thief gave a haughty laugh, propping a hand against his hip "Why don't you come up here instead?" He taunted, doing a few fancy twirls as he hopped about. Veiled indigos suddenly widened, his trajectory was heading towards a dozing cat's tail! He flailed a bit in the air, not wanting to hurt the cat. As a result, he stumbled and fell down onto one of the higher containers within the warehouse.

"Get him!" Seeing the new chance, everyone went after the thief.

Kid quickly scrambled to his feet and ran.

*

"Wow that bird is huge" Kaito mused, having only seen a Canada goose in pictures before. He and Shinichi had decided to go to Canada for a trip because they could and Kaito had never been there before. They'd chosen to visit Toronto because it had a variety of neat exhibits to check out.

Shinichi eyed his friend "We're going to miss our bus if you keep bugging the goose Kaito" They were going to go to The Humber Bay Butterfly Habitat to see the butterflies. It had been the magicians idea since he thought butterflies were magical and pretty. After that they'd be going to the Ontario Science centre, which of course was the sleuth's choice. He'd joked about going to the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada, but Kaito's threats of slime had quickly ended that joke.

"Then we'll take the next bus" Kaito grinned "I want to pet the goose" It was so calm despite how many people have already walked by it. Maybe it was like pigeons? Could they become pets too?

Azure widened "Please don't"

Kaito scoffed "What's the worse that could happen? It doesn't have teeth or claws" He started to creep closer towards the goose.

"Oh no..." Shinichi turned away, already knowing what will happen. Sure enough, he heard a familiar shriek as Kaito ran past him, the goose honking angrily as it chased him. The goose stayed angry and kept starting chases whenever Kaito tried to meet back up with him.

"Can you come here Shinichi?" Kaito asked, eyeing the goose warily. The bird was scary, he shouldn't have angered it.

The sleuth rolled his eyes "I'm fine here, why don't you come over?"

Me: I've been to the science centre and aquarium, and zoo... Only interesting one was the science centre >.> Thankfully as an adult I can't be forced to go to places to just look at things anymore. I did go to a butterfly place before, but that was Niagara Falls ^-^ it was nice

*Does not live in Toronto* Thank god >.> The prices there are scary and traffic looks icky...

Oh, and don't mess with Canada Goose...

Comment? ^-^

Hmm give a single obscure word for a prompt o.o I might be able to do something with it.

I can get inspired by weird things sometimes...