Strange*

1015 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written September 3 2021
Posted January 16 2022

Kaito felt funny, he didn't like it, not one bit. The sensation wasn't anything painful, nor anything invasive. It just- something felt off. For someone like him who was greatly attuned to himself, it was easy to feel. There wasn't really any way for him to describe it other than that something was off with his body. Kaito had noticed it right after he'd returned home from the heist, at first he'd just summed it up to fatigue. Now he knew that it wasn't fatigue, it was something else.

Normally Kaito made it a point to do his best to attend class the day after a heist, it further cemented his alibis. Today though, he was going to stay home. At least Saguru wasn't as annoying as he used to be compared to when they first met. The blond would inquire, prod a bit, but he wouldn't be an insufferable asshole that had an unusual amount of smugness stuffed far up his ass.

Missing a day of school should be fine. Kaito didn't really have the energy to move anyways. It was already past noon, attempting to go to school now would only raise more questions. He had a few missed and ignored texts and calls from Aoko, a few from Saguru as well. Kaito sighed, staring at his phone, did he really want to respond to them just yet? If he did, then he'd have to deal with them.

Time slipped by easily with him in a daze, he barely even registered when he heard the faint sound of his front door opening. School must have ended, now Aoko had come to pester him, the magician burrowed under his blankets, wishing that they could make him invisible.

"Kuroba, I'm sorry for intruding" It was Saguru had spoken, not Aoko.

The magician stayed silent, at least the blond was quieter than Aoko.

Saguru sighed, dropping his school bag near the entrance of the room "Something happened at the heist, there was a somewhat failed terrorist attack"

Terrorist attack? Indigos cleared a bit "So?" He prompted, knowing that the other would probably elaborate.

The blond let out another sigh "It was supposed to be a poison, but the creator turned out to be a horrible chemist and it resulted in something mostly harmless but worrying if left untreated" Nobody had died, and the antidote had been easy to create "It messes with the chemicals that affect emotions"

Oh, so that's why he was feeling funny "Sounds weird" Kaito replied.

"Stop being coy Kuroba, I know you were at the heist last night" The blond glanced at the curled up lump that was his classmate hidden beneath the blanket "The kitchen showed no signs of being used today, you haven't eaten and you've missed school" It was concerning, because Kaito was most likely going to be the last to receive treatment. They only knew about the short term effects because the treatment had been done both fast and efficiently.

"I'm not Kid" Kaito sighed, not in the mood to argue.

Saguru rolled his eyes "At the very least, you are a Kid fan, it wouldn't have been odd for you to have attended the heist. I myself had to take the antidote" He wasn't going to let the other evade treatment "I have the antidote here, it's a quick acting pill"

Kaito poked his head out from under the blanket "How do I know that you're not just making everything up and you just want to drug me?"

The blond gave the other a very offended look "I have no reason to drug you Kuroba" The magician's eyes were glazed and slightly unfocused. It affirmed his concerns about the magician being affected badly by the chemical.

Indigos narrowed, not believing Saguru's good intentions "I'm good, I'm just a bit sick today"

Saguru huffed "Unless I've sorely misjudged you and you're doing drugs, your eyes are telling me a different story"

Kaito scowled "I'd never ruin my brain like that" His head disappeared back under his blanket.

Okay, so Kaito wasn't in a good enough state of mind to cooperate. Saguru braced himself, he could easily overpower the other physically "You will thank me for this" Saguru sighed, waiting a moment before yanking the blanket away. A very stunned magician fell onto the floor, Saguru winced despite how swiftly he used his weight against the other to pin him down.

"Get off!" Indigos were alight with fury.

Saguru quickly squeezed Kaito's cheeks, forcing the other's mouth open, he then tossed the pill down his throat, following up with a bottle of water. Objective complete, Saguru quickly retreated from the room. The pill was fast acting, but Kaito might end up doing something especially mean to him before it took effect. He didn't leave the house though, instead he set about making some tea.

It was a good half hour before Kaito came skulking down the stairs, looking upset, but with a clear gaze. Kaito felt awkward, his reactions had been stupid. He knew that Saguru wasn't the kind of person to maliciously drug people.

Sensing that the other was feeling awkward, Saguru decided to break the ice "I've made some lovely chamomile tea if you want any" It was very calming.

Kaito blinked "Um, sure" He waited patiently as Saguru poured him a cup, accepting it carefully. He took a long sip of it, looking away when he finished the cup "Thanks for helping me, I'm sorry for acting like that"

Saguru gave him a knowing look "It's fine, the drug was strange and affected people differently. I wasn't expecting you to cooperate"

"So nobody was really hurt at the heist?" Kaito inquired, caring more now that his head was clear.

The blond nodded "Only minor injuries, but antidotes are a lot easier to create when one has the original substance"

"Okay, good" He would have felt horrible if someone had actually gotten hurt at one of his heists. Kid heists were supposed to be fun and magical, not dangerous.

"At least everyone knows that it wasn't Kid who released the chemical" Saguru added. Kaitou Kid was an easy scapegoat, thankfully the criminal hadn't been smart enough to succeed in framing the thief.

Me: So an interesting thing~

Comment? ^-^

New kitty is a snugglebug QAQ

His name is Magic but I'll call him Kitty

We snuggle, he looked up at me, then snuggles closer to my neck QAQ perfect cat for me

Picture was awkward to take, has to put it in selfie(?) Mode then angle my hand funny since he was laying across my chest