Chapter Sixty-Two: The Dungeon's Master

Before I could even ask the question, the answer was given to me.

"A demon and from feeling that pressure a pure breed too!" Serin said from next to me.

"How do you want to handle this Lillia?" Asked Altria.

"We want to question them, but only if we can disable them safely. If that proves to be too much, we go all out and kill them." Answered Lillia.

The party all got ready to spring into action, but before we could move the clapping stopped and the mysterious person at the top of the stairs begun to speak.

"Congratulations on making it this far. For a moment there I thought my golems were going to stop you. I was surprised by how you handled them so easily, but this is as far as you come. I have only one question before I send you all to your graves." She said, her voice unnaturally echoing throughout the room.

"You won't get any answers from us!" Lillia shouted back defiantly.

"Oh, come now, I only wish to know which one of you did that to my succubus. It's a sad sight to see her hungry yet unwilling to feed on her prey. An awful fate."

"It was me!" I said without thinking.

"Theo!" Serin said trying to quiet me.

"Oh, the hero. Murdered and enslaved by the guild, I wonder why you have chosen to work with the breakers of the taboo? You would do better to support my lord." The woman responded.

"That may be true, but they have only been driven to these lengths because of the destruction and terror you lord has brought to this world. My only hope is also theirs and that is the death of the demon lord!" I shouted back.

The woman laughed then responded.

"Oh my, are you really this clueless even when you come here with two that carry their bloodline?"

"Taboo, bloodline... What is she talking about Lillia? Is there something you haven't told me?"

"I have no idea what she is talking about either. My guess is she is trying to stir up some confusion amongst us." Answered Lilla.

"It's the first I heard anything about this too." Altria added backing up Lillia.

"But this demon clearly knows something, we need to take her alive and question her. This is exactly the sort of thing we came here to find out." Serin was right, it was.

"Yes, but that isn't going to be easy." Lillia said, the look of unease evident on her face.

"So, you are playing innocent?" Asked the demon woman. "Not to matter, you've answered my question. Hero prepare yourself, you will be the last to die and I will make it slow for what you have done to my succubus. The rest of you die now."

A bolt of lightning shot from her hand straight at us, there was little time to react. Lillia had already raised her staff that was now emitting a faint red glow. The bolt hit something invisible just a few feet above all our heads. Lightning was sent in every direction around us, outlining an invisible domed barrier that Lillia had erected.

"As soon as her attack finished move. Serin and Siofra take a side each and Altria cover them. Theo you're with me." Lillia ordered. "If we can take her alive fine, but don't take any chances, a single slip here will mean death."

Lillia was deadly serious, the strain from deflecting the attack was clearly evident. Her expression was almost pained.

Once the woman saw her attack wasn't going to penetrate the barrier anytime soon, she stopped. The moment she did so Serin and Siofra both ran for the stairs at full speed. Altria shot off two arrows, but before they could hit their mark they burst into flames and disintegrated.