Chapter Thirty-Nine: Clear the Room

We all froze for what seemed like an eternity, all of us focusing on Serins still body at the far end of the room. It was only another loud tearing noise that brought us all back to our senses. The second of the ogre's arms had broken free and it would only be a matter of time until it freed its legs. Luckily, Altria had been far enough back to avoid the creature's swipes.

"Concentrate Lillia! If that thing gets loose now, we're in trouble." Altria yelled across the chamber.

Lillia immediately snapped back to focusing on her task and whole bunch of new roots sprung up from the ground, entwining the creature. Altria dodged the creatures flailing arms and ran across the chamber to where Serin was laid on the ground.

"She's still breathing!" She shouted in relief.

Altria reached to her pouch and pulled out a health potion. She lifted Serin's head and pored the vials contents down it. I couldn't tell from where I was stood, but it looked as if she still hadn't regained consciousness.

"Theo, some help here please."

I glanced at Lillia before I moved, she simply nodded. The Ogre was pinned for now, but she wouldn't be able to hold it for long. There were only a few goblins left in the room staggering about, one crossed my path as I made my way to Serin and Altria. I hurriedly drove my sword into its face. The creature fell to the floor twitching as I pressed my boot on its chest as I extracted the blade. I gave the Ogre a wide birth and sprinted the last stretch to the far wall.

"How is she?" I asked. Trying to catch my breath.

"Not good."

"Should I try to heal her?"

"No time. Grab her under the arms, I'll take the feet. Head to the exit."

"Okay."

We awkwardly picked up Serin, she was limp and a dead weight as we tried to move her to the exist as quickly as possible. Unsurprisingly we caught the attention of the last couple of goblins still drawing breath in the room. The first approached from the rear and lunged at Altria, she had enough wits about her to kick the thing it the face, her boot crashing straight into its teeth and sending it to the ground with a heavy thud. We tried to pick up the pace and make it to the exit before the next one reached us. Luckily, they were still under the influence of daze and were moving slowly.

As we reached the corridor leading out of the room, we laid the still unconscious Serin down against the far wall.

"Stay here and protect her." Ordered Altria.

"Of course."

Altria drew her dagger and plunged it onto the neck of the second goblin that had been close on our heels. It slid to the ground, its blood spurting out of the wound. Altria shook the dagger and stood next to Lillia.

"We're in a pickle, I'm going to have to do that." She told Lillia.

"You could collapse the entire room and half the corridor, not to mention you'll be practically done for the day!" Protested Lillia.

"Got a better idea?"

"No." Lillia answered after a moment's thought.

"Then keep it there until I give the signal. Then get out of here with the others."

"Fine. Just make it out."

"I will."

Altria sheathed her dagger and stood still deep in concentration her arms both held out in front of her. A blue glow started to envelope her as she stood there and something that looked like a crystal started to grow at her fingertips. The thing had grown to the size of a rugby ball by the time Altria gave Lillia the signal.