Chapter One Hundred and Seventy-Two: Where to go From Here

I was a little surprised that convincing the others was that easy this time. They were starting to become used to this sort of situation arising. With that said, there was still a lot for us to discuss before we moved on and we didn't have a lot of time.

Serin didn't waste any before she got down to business. "Now we just need to decide our next steps. If we're going to push on for the shrine, we need to decide soon. What does everyone think?" She asked.

I stepped forward. "I want to continue. I want to try!"

Altria was nodding in agreement. "I think we could make it, but I want to see what everyone else thinks."

Beth shrugged. "I think it's going to be dangerous, but if everyone else is on board I'm in too."

"I'd like to try for the shrine. I still think we can make it." Liz replied.

"If master is going, I'm going too!" Celine said loudly.

"I will follow whatever decision Theo makes." Aetherin said.

There was a short silence before Serin turned to Enna. "What about you? Sorry I don't know your name yet."

She fidgeted. "It's Enna... You're going to ask my opinion?"

"I want to know what everyone thinks, before making a decision."

Enna glanced at me. "I'm not sure why it is you're heading there, but I have heard of this shrine before. I left the flock with the intention of helping Theo and if that's where he wants to go then I'll go along with the plan."

"Right, we probably need to explain to you why we're heading there, if Theo hasn't already."

I cleared my throat. "I wanted to wait until we had all spoken about this first."

"That's fine with me, you can all explain on the way as far as I'm concerned. Shouldn't you be deciding your next course of action? You don't have much time." Asked Enna.

Serin turned to Enna, she looked serious. "Are you really okay with that?"

She nodded. "Yes, I've already made my decision. Please continue with your plans."

"Okay, then I should probably ask. How likely are your former companions to come after us?"

"Hmm, quite likely, but I made preparations to slow them down before I left. If You're quick enough you should be able to make it across the plain before they find you."

Serin looked surprised. "You did? That's reassuring, then we should make the most of the time you bought us."

"They shouldn't even realise we're missing until the morning. They'll be hampered, so they shouldn't be able to search for us right away."

"Good, will they have any way of telling which way we went?"

Enna looked into the wood, as if she was searching for something. "If no one saw us leave, and seeing that no one has followed us so far, I think we're in the clear there."

"I think we can do this... I know we haven't had long to rest, but I think we should get moving. Are the rest of you ready to move?" Serin asked looking over the party.

The group had already grabbed their bags, before anyone answered.

Altria said what we were all thinking. "We're ready Serin. We can always rest once we reach some cover. Let's make it across this plain first!"

The rest of the girls all nodded in agreement with Altria.

"Right, then we should get moving..." Serin turned to Liz. "Do you know where we want to head for?"