Chapter One Hundred and Eighty: Struggle

The next step was obvious. I pulled my blade from its scabbard and held my left arm out in front of me. Pressing the weapon against my skin, I hesitated for a moment. I didn't like the idea of cutting myself, but it could be healed once I was done. I pressed a little harder and the blade sliced through my skin, I winced a little, but it was only a small cut. I held the cut up to Aetherin's mouth and tilted her head back a little, while I let the blood trickle inside.

At first, nothing happened. I kept glancing from my arm to her body, checking for any sign that she had begun to heal. Finally patches at the edges of her burned skin begun to change. Suddenly Aetherin's arms moved. She grabbed my wrist and pulled it into her mouth a bit down hard.

"Ouch."

It hurt at first, but the pain soon vanished. She was gulping down my blood greedily. Her eyes opened, but she wasn't looking at me, she was just feeding in a frenzy. I looked at her body and her burns had begun to heal faster now, it was just I didn't know how much more I could give her. I was starting to feel a little weak and lightheaded from the blood loss. I tried to pull back, but her grip on my arm was like a vice.

"Master!" Celine said from behind me. "You shouldn't give her anymore!"

"I can't pull my arm out, she isn't quite with it. Help."

Celine rushed to my side, but even with her help we couldn't loosen her grip. Then Celine sat up straight and lifted her arm above her head. Wham!

She slapped Aetherin as hard as she could. "Come to your senses!" She shouted.

Just like that, the light behind Aetherin's eyes returned. She immediately let go of my arm. I quickly popped a stamina and healing potion, as Aetherin sat up awkwardly.

"I'm so sorry!" She said as she realised what had happened.

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault. I cut my arm and put in your mouth, I half expected something like this to happen..."

"But I could've sucked you dry."

"You didn't..."

"Only because I stopped her!" Celine snorted.

"Thanks Celine..." I patted her head then turned back to Aetherin. "Anyway, how are you feeling? It doesn't look like you've healed properly."

"I feel fine, I can..." Aetherin said trying to get to her feet and stumbling a little.

I quickly got to my feet and stopped her from falling. "You should try and drink some more before you do that."

"You'll have to leave me here."

"No way!"

"I can't drink anymore of your blood. It isn't safe."

"Then you can have some of mine." Beth's voice said from behind us.

Liz had finished healing her and Serin. All three of them had joined us.

"Mine too." Added Serin.

"But you should get out of here. There's no telling how much time you have before someone else comes looking." Aetherin protested.

"Then hurry up and drink!" Beth said thrusting her arm in Aethrin's face.

"Drink it, between the three of us you should be able to completely heal, and we can all get out of here quickly." Liz said rolling up her sleeve offering her own blood too.

Aetherin glanced at me, then her gaze switched to each of the girls' faces in turn. All of them were determined to help her. Seeing this, she gently took Beth's arm and sunk her teeth in. Her wounds healing quicker as she drank down. She only took a little, then stopped, but as soon as she did Serin offered up her arm. Liz did the same as soon she was finished with Serin. Aetherin was starting to look much more revitalised now.