Chapter Twenty-Nine: On the Trail

I woke the next morning, not feeling particularly refreshed. I woke up in the girl's tent. It turned out that Lillia and Altria really did want to more than just watch me. They didn't stop at removing my armour. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind at all, at least until I woke up this morning. I looked around the tent, it seemed that Lillia had already got up, just Altria was still inside sleeping away. I quietly got dressed and went outside to join the others. Serin and Lillia were both sat around the fire talking away as I walked over to join them.

"Good morning." I said as I sat down.

"Morning Theo." Replied Lillia.

"Good morning Theo. How are you feeling this morning?" Asked Serin.

"Pretty good, just a little tired. How are you today?"

"Good thank you." Serin replied blushing ever so slightly. "Thank you for keeping me company when I couldn't sleep."

"Oh err, yeah. No problem"

"Are you hungry? I was just about to start cooking some breakfast." Asked Serin.

"I am... Shouldn't we wait for Altria though?" I asked.

"She'll get up as soon as she smells it cooking." Answered Lillia, seemingly talking from experience.

"Then I'll start cooking." Serin said grabbing a pan and putting it over the ashes at side of the fire.

It looked like we were having bacon and egg sandwiches for breakfast this morning. Just as Lillia had said the smell of the food cooking seemed to wake Altria and just as we were serving it up, she appeared from the tent, wiping the sleep from her eyes as she went.

"You're all up already. What time is it?" She said as she sat down with us.

"Don't worry it's still early, only about eight o'clock." Lillia reassured her.

"Oh good."

Despite it being early, we still had a lot to do today. So as soon as we had finished eating it was time to pack up camp and get on the move again. Today we had to make it to one of the spots they had planned for training and then make it to the next camp spot before night fell. Packing up the site didn't take long, each of the girls seemed like an old hand when it came to packing away the tents and equipment. The entire place was put away in next to no time.

We set off as soon as we had finished packing. We were heading in the direction of a set of hills in distance. I was told that our first destination was just on the other side. From where we were it didn't look that far, but I was told that it would still take us about three hours before we reached it. As we walked along the trail, we separated into two groups of two just like on way here. Lillia and Altria were in front while Serin and I brought up the rear.

"Look, about last night, I'm sorry..." I tried to say.

"Sorry? Don't be, it was as much me as it was you. Despite Lillia and Altria finding us like that, I really, really enjoyed myself. I hope we will be able to do that again, that is if you want to?"

"Definitely."

"Good... Just at a more appropriate time and place in future. I don't want to be scolded by Lillia again!"

"Me either." I laughed. "Lillia didn't mention what it is we're going to hunt today. Do you know?"

"I do, they're a type of bear monster. They spawn in the forests that cover the far side of those hills."

"Bear monsters... These aren't going to burst into flames like the wolves, are they?"

"No these aren't flame bears. Don't worry, although these are more dangerous that the wolves that you faced, but in a party of four, we should have no trouble in dispatching them."