Chapter Ninety-Nine: Siofra Arrives

Somehow the three of us managed to eat the meal. We all took longer than Altria, who wolfed the whole thing down quickly, but we managed it. After the main course, it was time to order desert. This time it was only Altria that ordered anything. I had learned my lesson from the first round and wasn't keen on eating anything else from here.

"Aren't you go to order anything?" Asked Altria.

"Oh, no. I can't eat any more. I'm completely full after that." I explained.

Once Altria had finished with her desert, it was time to leave and head back to the guild for the night.

"We should head back. We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow and I don't want us to be late tonight." Lillia announced once we had paid for the meal.

"Back to guild it is then." Replied Serin.

The four of us left the restaurant and walked back up the street towards the square.

"What did you think of the meal?" Altria asked as we walked.

"Umm, it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I was quite surprised by the taste." I replied weakly.

"I know right? It's such an unassuming place, you wouldn't expect them to produce food like that!"

"Very unique."

"We should go again. It's so close and the food is great. There's no reason to go anywhere else."

"I don't know. I think it'd be unfair not to go where the others wanted while we're here."

"They could just go wherever they want and the two of us could eat there together. What do you think?"

"Well, it's my first time to the capital and I'd like to try out as many places as possible. I don't know when we'll be coming again. It would seem a shame not to explore a bit."

"I'm not letting you keep Theo to yourself. We're going to take him somewhere else tomorrow." Lillia said coming to my defence.

I silently mouthed thank you to her. I just couldn't face eating in that place again, let alone for the rest of the time we were here.

"But..." Complained Altria.

"We won't stop you going there, if you want to go alone." Serin offered.

With that the conversation was put to bed. Before long we had walked all the way to the square. It was getting late now, and the square had quietened down quite a bit. There were still some stalls open and people wandering about here and there, but it was nowhere near as busy as when we had set out earlier.

It was a different story inside the guild. It was just as busy as it had been when we left this evening, only now most of the crowd were in the hall drinking away. The noise level was even higher than before.

"I'm going to call it a night and head up to bed. I don't mind if you stay down for a drink, just remember we'll be up early tomorrow and will need to look presentable." Lillia said as we got inside.

"I don't really feel like a drink. I think I'll follow you up." I replied.

"Me too, I feel tired after the journey." Serin said.

Only Altria looked as if she wanted to go and join in with the drinking, but seeing the rest of were heading up she decided to join the us and call it a night a well. We left the noisy hall behind and went straight up to our room. The whole building was full so there were people to be found in almost every corridor, but the noise level was much lower upstairs.

As soon as we got back in the room I lay down on the bed. I hadn't noticed while we were up and about, but I felt pretty tired as well. Being on the road did seem to take it out of you. Even if we had spent most of the time travelling in the carriage. I had only been laid there a moment when Altria climbed on after me.