Chapter Thirteen: Liz Fills in Some Gaps

"In her position?" I asked, not understanding what Liz meant by that statement.

"So, you didn't know... Well, I suppose that she doesn't really act like one!" Liz answered not really explaining anything further.

"Doesn't act like one what?"

"A member of the Elven royal family, a princess and heir to the throne in fact."

"A princess!"

"I'm surprised you didn't realise. All of the summoners are a princess or high priestess from one of the allied races. I think you've also made the acquaintance of one of the others that are in town, Altria?"

"She's a princess too!" That seemed even more unbelievable.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much, the catkin are pretty lax about these things. It definitely wouldn't be the first time that Altria has messed around. Lillia on the other hand... The elves would probably have you killed, but you wouldn't be silly enough to have..." My face must have said it all. "Oh my, haven't you been quite busy in such a short period of time since your summoning!"

"I had no idea she was a princess!" I had done more than just fooled around with her a little. I didn't want to think what they would do to me if they found out.

"Don't worry your secret is safe with me... So, just how much has Lillia told you?" Liz asked switching subjects.

"Well, I know that there is a demon lord and that I am expected to fight him for some reason, but that is all know!"

"Oh dear, she really has kept you in the dark. Then I'm not surprised after what happened with her last summons."

"I heard that he was destroyed, but when I asked her about it, she wouldn't tell me what had happened, she just said the memory was too fresh for her."

"I expect it is."

"Please, can you tell me what happened?"

"I can, I don't mind telling you, seeing that the shop is quiet at the moment and telling you will probably save Lillia reliving some of the trauma for a little while, but you will have to come in off the street. This could take a while I don't want to stand out in the street all that time."

"Sure."

I followed Liz into her shop. Once inside she popped behind the counter for a moment, before reappearing with a stool.

"Here sit on this."

"Thanks."

I did as she suggested and sat down in front of her counter. Liz made her way back behind the counter, taking her own seat. She leant over the counter resting on her elbows, her ample cleavage leaning on the top.

"Well, where to start? Hmm..."

"How about you just tell me what happened with the previous hero and then see if I have any questions?"

"Sure, I can start there. When your predecessor found out that he could never return to his own world and that the only way to gain a permanent existence in this world was through the destruction of the demon lord, he shirked his duties and left town..."

"Hold on." I interrupted. "I can't ever return to my own world?"

"No, well your body there has died after all..."

"I'm dead!" I yelped.

When I was summoned, it didn't just feel like I was dying, I actually did die.

"In way yes, but you aren't really dead, dead, are you? Otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"She killed me!"