Chapter Seventy-Nine: The Day at Serin's

I was left there alone waiting in the little guest room. It was a good five minutes or more until John came back with the tea. He entered the room and placed a tea pot down on the small table next to me, along with two cups.

"The lady will see you now Theo." He told me making his way back to the door then holding it open.

Then Serin stepped inside the room...

I almost had to hold in a gasp. I hadn't seen her looking this way before. Every other time I had seen her she had either been in her adventurer's gear, or like the first time I saw her when she was wearing smart clothes. Sure, she was clearly beautiful then, but this was something else. She was wearing a blue dress. It clung to her figure perfectly, it didn't even show much skin, coming all the way down to her feet. The top was cut in at the shoulders and wasn't particularly revealing down the front either, but I think all of this made the impression stronger.

"Good morning Theo. Is everything okay?" Serin asked as she entered the room and walked over to the spare seat at the table.

I had basically stopped to stare the entire time without greeting her.

"Yes. Fine, I was just thinking how good that looks on you."

"Really? I just felt this would make a nice change."

"Yes, it really suits you."

"Thanks." She said blushing slightly.

John pulled out the chair for Serin and she sat down opposite me at the small table. He then poured out tea for both of us while we sat.

"Is there anything else you require my lady?" He asked.

"No that's everything, thank you John."

"Then I will take my leave."

John gave a quick bow, then left us alone in the room together.

"Well how have you been? I hope you've rested up since you returned from our journey." Serin asked once we were alone.

"I've been good. I definitely feel a lot more refreshed after sleeping in a proper bed and not spending every day travelling or fighting. How about you?"

"Yes, there's nothing like the feeling of a soft bed once you return from the road. I've been well, although I have had things to attend to since I've been back."

"I suppose it isn't the same for you as me. You must have plenty of duties to attend to."

"Yes, I do. But there has been a lot to plan since we returned, our success has caused quite the commotion."

"Really?"

Jules had said something about that, but I hadn't really thought anymore about it.

"It has. That's part of the reason I invited you over today. Well, I was going to anyway, because I thought it would be nice for us to spend the day together and have lunch. This evening there will be a bit a gathering as well."

"A gathering?"

"Yes, well the town's guild master wanted to do something to mark the occasion. It isn't every day that one of the demon lord's officers is taken out and well there are lot of people that would like to meet you."

"Me?"

"Yes, you were the one that managed the feat!"

"I don't know... I feel like it was luck more than anything and I'm sure, I didn't kill her."

"But she is dead, and you were the only one that managed to deal them any damage."

"So, what is happening tonight?"