Chapter One Hundred and Forty-Three: Two's Company

After speaking with Lisa, Altria and Serin left for the night. I could tell that Serin looked worried, but she stopped short of inviting me to stay at hers for the night. I don't think she wanted to let on how worried she was, and I'm sure she probably had matters to attend to at home before we set out on another quest. Once they left Lisa returned upstairs and Jules was relieved by the girl on the night counter.

Seeing the others leaving me there alone, Jules turned to me looking expectantly. "Does that mean that you're free for the rest of the evening?"

"Well, I'd like to put my stuff up in my room and hit the baths first, but yeah sure."

She smiled. "Great! I'll get myself some food and clean up while you do that. Shall we meet down here in an hour?"

"Let's do that... What did you have in mind?"

"You'll see." She said with a smile.

"Great."

I made my way up to my room to deposit my gear. It was a little stuffy in there after being shut for a week or so. I cracked the window open to freshen it up while I grabbed my washing kit, then headed down to the baths.

Like usual I was the only on in the baths, and I happily sunk myself into the warm water as soon as I had undressed. I breathed a sigh of relief as the warm water washed over me. I had been looking forward to this. It had been days on the road and on the run, there had been little chance to wash or relax. This was just what I needed right now.

I sat in the water for quite some time, just enjoying the warmth. Eventually I started to feel myself drifting on the edge of falling asleep. I knew this was my cue to finish washing and get out. By the time I had finished, dried and dressed it was almost time to go and meet Jules back in the hall.

After leaving the changing room I headed right there.

I barely looked around the hall, before Jules called out to me. "Hey Theo, over here!" She called out waiving from one of the tables across the room.

I hurried over to meet her. "I hope you haven't been waiting long?" I asked when I arrived.

She shook her head. "Oh no, I've only just got here."

I pulled out a chair and sat down. "Phew, I was worried I'd been quite long in the bath."

"You needn't have worried. I would have waited... Do you fancy a drink? I know you have to leave early tomorrow, but one is okay right?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

We called the waitress and ordered our drinks.

After the waitress left with our order Jules looked across to me and asked. "How long do you think you'll be away for this time?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure, I don't even know where we're going exactly."

"Doesn't that bother you?"

"Well, that's the least of my worries at the moment."

"It bothers me. I'd like to know just how long I have to wait to see you again!"

"Surely you won't miss me that much? You must have lots of friends here."

"I do, but they're all women and there are some things only you can do for me." She said with a smile.

"Oh..."

"Have you finished your drink?"

"Yeah."

Jules got straight to her feet. "Then let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"Where do you think? It's not like you have much time and I'm sure I'll get in trouble with the other girls if I keep you up late... Come on."