Chapter Six: The Morning After

I froze on the spot, glancing from my bed to Lillia, desperately thinking what I could do to avert this potential train wreck of a situation from starting.

"What are you doing here Altria?" Lillia asked, with surprise and little hint of anger in her voice.

So that was her name, I didn't get chance to ask her the night before...

"Hmm, I'm laid in bed just waking up." She answered sleepily.

"I can see that! What I mean is, what are you doing in Theo's bed, at this time in the morning?"

"Oh, right. Well, after our little drink last night and you telling me all about your new summons, I popped over. Seeing as I wasn't really feeling sleepy, I thought I had better come and check him over. You know, after the last one I wanted to make sure that he was alright."

"And you just let her in?" Lillia asked turning to me.

"W-well, she said she was your friend and I didn't really feel I had much choice." I spluttered.

"I see!" Lillia turned back to Altria. "And so how exactly did you end up in his bed?"

"Yeah that... I was quite intrigued by the special skill that you said he had, and I thought while I was over here, I might as well check it out. Then I decided why not help out with a little training so what happened to you doesn't happen again."

"Training! I told you he needed to recuperate." Lillia furiously looking between me and Altria.

"It's okay I gave him a mana potion first and he managed very well after that."

"You did what! I can't believe you Altria, he is my summons and I should be the one training him!"

"I was only trying to help you out."

"It's looks as if you've been doing more than that!"

"It's not like you two have become an item or anything is it?"

"N-no..." "Lillia blushed a little. "It's entirely a professional arrangement!" She retorted trying to regain her composure. "Anyway, shouldn't you be trying call your own summons? How long has it been now?"

"I've decided to give that a break for now... It always ends so... You know." Altria answered yawning a little.

"But you've decided to interfere with mine?"

"I wouldn't say I was interfering as such... And anyway, he didn't seem to mind. It's not like he fell asleep in the middle like with you."

"He did not fall asleep! It was a mana drained induced stupor!" Lillia realised that she'd lost her cool again and quickly tried to readjust to her normal demeanour, glancing at me as if to check my reaction. "Anyway, I think it is time for you to leave. Theo and I have important business to do today. I don't want you tagging along. We'll discuss this later."

"Fine, fine, I've done what I need to do for now. I guess I'll head home for now and catch up with some sleep." Altria said with a knowing smile.

I breathed a slight sigh of relief when I heard her agreeing to leave so easily. Altria climbed out of the bed picked up clothes up off the floor and quickly dressed. She headed towards the door before turning to me.

"I'll come and see you later, once things have quietened down a little." She said giving me a little wink, as she left closing the door behind her.

I had been mostly quiet the entire time their discussion had been going on. I looked at Lillia to gauge her mood... She still looked vexed by the whole situation. I felt really bad about the whole thing, even if it was just as Altria said. We weren't a couple or anything, but we had already slept together, and she was Lillia's friend. I should have known better.