Chapter Four: A Late Night Visit

Lillia led me us to an empty table in the middle of the guild hall. I had turned off the 'appraisal' skill, even if what I had said at the counter was a bit of an excuse, I did still feel a little drained from before. Having it on in a room full of this many women seemed like it might be a bit overstimulating. and there could always be something I really didn't want to see. I was also feeling a little unsure if it was really okay for me to use it in such a way, as much as I kind of really wanted to use it anyway. What was with this ero skill tree anyway? I'd have to question Lillia about how something like this could come about later, but right now there was something else I really wanted to ask her.

"So, you've summoned a few heroes before me?"

"Yes, several." She answered, before looking a little panicked and adding. "But, none like you before, none of them were special like you and we definitely didn't do anything like earlier."

"Oh okay... Um, I was just wondering what happened to them? Jules mentioned something about your last summon..."

"They were all destroyed I'm afraid."

"Destroyed how?"

"Look Theo, it wasn't that long ago, and the image is still pretty clear in my mind. Do you mind if we don't talk about it right now?" She trembled a little as she spoke.

That sounded pretty ominous, but I didn't want to press further for now.

"Sure, sorry, I didn't mean to pry like that..."

"It's okay, really I don't mind, I will tell you when I'm up to it."

"Right."

"Anyway, what would you like to eat?" She asked passing me the menu.

Luckily for me the food in this world seemed pretty much like ours and I was easily able to pick something out before the waitress came over to take our order. The guild hall had a slightly strange atmosphere to it, a little like a cross between a town hall and a country pub. A couple of beers and a good meal inside of me then I didn't think any more of it. After we had finished eating Lillia passed me over a key.

"Here's the key to your room. I had one prepared for you earlier, room number twenty seven. It's a nice room." She told me.

"Oh right, thank you. Do I owe you any money for it?"

"No, no, don't worry about that for now. We get some expenses and you'll be able to pay your way as soon as we start on some quests."

"Okay. So where do you stay?" I asked innocently.

"I have an apartment in the town... Um I'd like to, but I think for tonight it's best if you stayed here. You know to get some rest. I wouldn't want a repeat of earlier. I mean I would, but you know not like that." She said blushing quite considerably.

"Yeah that's fine I wasn't expecting anything... I just wondered is all."

"That's good. I think you should probably head up for some rest and I said I'd meet a friend in town if I had the time."

"Right, sure of course."

"I hope you don't mind me leaving you like this?" Her eyes looking straight into mine as she spoke.

"No really it's fine. I want to head up now and I definitely could do with the rest so..."

"I'll come and call for you first thing in the morning."

"Okay, I listen out for you."

It was already dark outside. I had no idea of what time it was really, but it did seem late anyway. Lillia said her goodbyes and left me to find my own way to my room.