Chapter 57

"Mom I can explain..." Zhan begged.

"There's no need, it's not like you both can have children, I looked for everything else but this." Ms. Xiao said heaving a sigh Zhan's father wasn't there as well.

Zhan was sweating, breaking the news to his parents was a nightmare. Yibo on the other hand was downstairs with Xiling, they ended up putting the past aside.

"Yibo you know that dad is worst than mom?"

"I know I've seen him before."

"Did you also know my dad is against same-sex relationships?"

"Not really," All those questions made him anxious.

"Did you also know that he breaks things and people when he gets angry?"

"Are you trying to make me cry?"

"No, I just want you to be scared." She laughed rubbing his shoulder. "It's okay dad will eventually get over it like me and who knows maybe invite us to dinner."

"Will he hurt me in the process?"

"That I can't answer." Yibo heaved a sigh leaning back on the couch.

"Zhan please just stop it."

"Mother, why don't you let me explain?"

"There's nothing to explain other than your in love with a man!" She shouted and started coughing. Zhan went to assist her but she shoved his hands away and sat by herself.

"Mom stop being like this."

"Zhan if I'm going to accept this I'm going to need more time to think about how I won't have any grandkids." She said sadly.

"You have Xiling."

"I wanted from both of you, not just one."

"Mom I understand but it's just the way it is."

"You could have made it better I'm mad at you but I can't hate you because you are my only son." Zhan felt a little relieved but it doesn't change the fact that he disappointed his mother. Imagine what his father will say about this.

"I'll talk to your father, I assume you have to leave right now because you came early. The next time you visit you both will sort it out."

"Thank you mom, I know under all that you have a kind heart." He smiled and hugged her, she couldn't lie that hug made her forget she was even mad at him.

"I can never forgive you for this Zhan and I don't think he will too." Those words were very unnerving, he felt like something heavy just fell on his shoulders.

He went downstairs and tell the others he was ready, Zhan was too lazy to drive so he asked Yibo to.

"Can we play some music?" Xiling asked.

"Sure," Yibo replied.

"We all need to sing along," Xiling reassured.

"I can't sing," Zhan added and Xiling gasped.

"No matter how many times I roast you I can never roast your voice, it's like angels singing," Xiling said earning Yibo's attention.

"Can I hear it?" Yibo begged.

"No, you guys sing I'm not in the mood."

"Please, please pretty please," Yibo begged but it was still a no.

"Fine suit yourself," Xiling said.

She connected her phone to the in the car and played her go-to song. (It's actually mine).

"Sin city's cold and empty." Yibo sang.

"No one's around to judge me." Xiling joined but Zhan stayed quiet.

"I can't see clearly when your gone," Yibo substitute for him

"I said ooh I'm blinded by the lights, No I can't sleep until I feel your touch." Yibo and Xiling in unison. Zhan chuckled at the behaviour of both of them. How could he be sad around such personalities?

"I said ooh I'm drowning in the night oh when I'm like this you're the one I trust." Zhan sang earning everyone's attention but Yibo's was for a short time because he was driving.

"Not gonna say I told you so." They all laughed.

The ride home was fun everyone got a taste of Zhan's angelic voice. So satisfying. When they arrived Xiling got out of the car and when Zhan was about to Yibo grabbed his wrist causing him to sit back down and close the door.

"You haven't told me anything about what your mom says."

"I know but I don't think I need to."

"Of course you do,"

"I don't have to tell you everything Yibo," Zhan said.

"How do you think this is going to work, I need to make sure your okay, you look tense and frustrated let me help you." Yibo implored.

"There's nothing wrong I'm fine."

"Stop lying I ne-"

"I'm fine!" Zhan shouted at him and he flinched. "I'm sorry," Zhan apologized regretting his action.

"No I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I care too much about you, I'm sorry that I can't stop worrying about you, I can't think straight when your sad, and I'm sorry that no matter how much you shout at me or blow me off I can't stop loving you."

"Ah, why do I keep doing this, I'm such a bad person. You shouldn't be the one apologizing to me, I shouldn't have shouted at you in the first place." Zhan said holding Yibo's hand and using his free hand to caress his face. "Sometimes I'm unreasonable or hot-headed and don't think about how you feel but that doesn't mean I don't love you too." He pecked him on his lips then hug him.

"I'll try my hardest not to let it happen again." Yibo hugged back and then pulled away. "My mom doesn't approve of our relationship, she wanted grandkids from both of us... Mainly me because she said she'll have the cutest grandchildren and to find out her son's gay really had her."

"Do you regret ever falling for me?"

"I have in the past but now that I've grown to love you more every day. I don't care if the world turns against me as long as you are with me." Zhan smiled.

"I've never regret falling for you, never if anything I'm happy." Yibo smiled.

"So uh, can we?" Zhan asked but Yibo was still confused.

"Can we what?"