Chapter 16

After we went back into the cafeteria we saw the girls sitting at the table chattering. The three of us walked over to the deserted table and sat down but they kept on eyeing us. I really wanted to just go over there and ask what their problem but I don't want to cause any dilemma. So I let it be and just start up a convo.

"Soyun did you talk to my brother after what happened?" I asked.

"No, I couldn't find the heart to do it he was so nice to me and I did that because of those ridiculous girls." She facepalmed. "I don't think he'll ever forgive me I just say mean things to him for no reason."

"But if you don't try to talk to him and redeem yourself how will he forgive you?" I placed my hands on top of hers.

"Just talk to him and see how it goes, even if he doesn't forgive you. You know that you have tried."

"Soyun it will be okay promise," Huan added.

"Thanks, guys, you both are more than I can ask for." She smiled at both of us.

I went into my bag to get something and realized that I left my book in class. Ugh, I can't bother to go for it but I needed those notes.

"Guys I think I left my book in the classroom, I'll go get it I'll be right back," I said getting up and trailing off.

I hastily walked to my last class and went inside, I looked everywhere and I made sure to double-check but there's no one there to ask. I tug my hair in frustration before I groaned then I sat on an empty desk slouching.

"Can't the book just appear out of nowhere or something?" I said out loud.

"Well, today's your lucky day." I was startled and I looked up it was no other than Yibo good thing I wasn't trash-talking him.

"Hey, thanks you've just saved a life." I smiled trying my best not to act like an idiot.

"You're welcome, I think I know you from somewhere... Oh yeah, we met at the field after the big game, I didn't get to know your name." He said smiling his smile could soften any heart, why is he doing this to me.

"My name's Xiling, Xiao Xiling and you're Wang Yibo."

"Yes that's me, I predicted more or less you'd know my name. With me having such vulgar friends and I've already known your name just wanted you to say it" He said handing me the book. I was a little taken aback and my heart suddenly sped up, thumping loudly in my chest, what did he mean?

"Thanks, I have to go now my friends are probably wondering if I died," I commented and we both giggled.

"Maybe." He said looking outside then looked at me. "They're here so your right they have." I shrugged at what he said before coming off the desk top.

"Are we interrupting something?" Soyun asked looking like a proud mother.

"Nope," I said hugging the book tightly. I was kinda nervous but I had to brave up.

"No, I was just leaving. I found her book and I saw here come looking for it so I gave it to her."

"Handsome and thoughtful...I like you already." Soyun's smile was brighter than the sun. "My name's Soyun and this is Huan."

"Nice to meet you both."

"Likewise. So other from being a good samaritan what else happened because Xiling is a disgrace to tomatoes right now." They all laughed but then smiled. I was really uncomfortable my friends had no shame whatsoever.

"That's all. I have to go now see you guys later. Zàijiàn (bye in Chinese)" he waved and left.

Soyun squinted her eyes tilting against the door frame. She eyed me up and down before saying the last thing I could think of.

"Your lips look swollen." she smirked I felt my face instantly heat up before I lightly shove her.

"Hey what was that for?" She rolled her eyes.

"You deserved it and no it was the book that's in my hand he gave to since, since your pea size brain can't understand simple logics." I criticized.

"Soyun what are you doing here." A girl asked discontented..

"Jiyang it's none of your business I'm not doing anything you say anymore." Soyun rolled her eyes.

"Didn't I tell you to dump this little brat?" She pointed at me the looked at Soyun.

"What do you guys want?" I said annoyed.

"You don't know what we want well let me inform you... Leave Yibo alone he's only made for me and I've seen you have tried to push yourself up into him this is your first and last warning." She said before folding her arms and tapping her feet.

I just laughed at the idea of me and Yibo together that's like betting on a losing team. I honestly wonder why people nowadays are fighting over guys I really feel bad for them.

"Why are you laughing?!" She asked pissed.

"You guys are so full of shit." Soyun and Huan started laughing. "I have no time to be beefing with anyone, I've got to go," I said and before I walked off she yanked my collar like some dog on a leash. I really don't want to fight because Zhan told me not to and if I did he would kill me himself.

"I'm not done talking to you yet!" She yelled.

"Do I look like I care?" I furrow my eyebrow waiting for a response.

"Guys just stop!" Someone shouted and I looked to my right it was no other than Yibo himself.

"Let her go. Jiyang and Lulu what are you guys doing here I've had enough of this already." He said frustrated.

"We're just protecting you we overheard their scheme so we decided to but in before they get to you." Jiyang made a sad face.

"Well, that's the dumbest thing I've heard since week. Anyways just go you both are doing too much my head hurts from your unnecessary nagging." He said and they both dismissed themselves.

"Hey sorry about that since I've turned them down at my old high school they just won't stop they even transferred here because of me." He apologized.

"Wow determined aren't they." Soyun scoffed, the sight of them was just unbearable for one's eyesight.

"Yup and can I have your number Xiling... Just in case you have an encounter with them." He smiled thinking he's so smart I think he knew no matter what the situation was I would've given it to him anyway.

So we exchanged numbers and bid our goodbyes walking in opposite direction. My day couldn't get any better.