Chapter 38

After Yibo was finished everybody was screaming and whistling he totally killed it, the sad part was that if he that he could have won first place but he was okay with it, it's not always about winning.

"How did I do?" He asked smiling like an idiot.

"You were amazing out there," Xiling said kissing him.

"Thanks," Yibo said then winked at Huan and she give him a thumbs up.

"So what are we going to do to celebrate?"

"I have an idea but I need to see Zhan first," Huan said.

"Why?" Xiling asked.

"That's me to know and you to find out," Huan said and left.

"What are we going to do?" Xiling asked Yibo.

"I don't know, you're the one who's always giving ideas."

"Okay, let's see." Xiling thought while they were planning a place to go Huan was going to talk to Zhan.

When Huan arrived, she knocked on the door and the was no answer she did it again and then she heard Zhan said he was coming. She waits outside until he unlocked the door.

"Oh hi." He said not expecting Huan.

"Don't hi me we need to talk." She said walking past him not giving him any time to respond and went over to sit on the couch. Zhan closed the door and he sat beside her and took a deep breath.

"I assume you know the reason I'm here," Huan said and Zhan nodded.

"Well, explain yourself."

"Now I know why I like you in the first place, the down to the business type of person."

"Well, I take that as a compliment thank you, now spill." She said knowing that Zhan was praising her so she could forget about it.

"Alright, Yibo was telling everyone about me and they think we're together. What happened between us was a mistake and if my sister hears this what would she think of me."

"A mistake, a mistake... I can't even." Huan sighed. "I understand that all you think about is your sister, do you think that's going to make you feel any better and what you said to him was more than enough to make him suffer."

"It was for the best."

"He lost his game today, he was training since forever for, he didn't want to talk to us. He almost cried, the Yibo I know cried for nothing and you changed him Zhan and now you hurt him in the worst way possible and you say it was for the best."

"Look Huan you don't understand half of it, you think it's easy to hurt someone you love for a stranger."

"No I don't understand, and I guess I never will. I can't change your mind but I guess it's easier to suffer then. " Huan said getting up and walking over to the door. "And I'll consider myself a stranger too since Yibo and I are not apart of the family." She said before letting herself out.

Zhan felt a lot worst than before because he didn't think before he talks and all he wants to do was fix things. He sat and wallow in his sorrows hoping that it would be over soon. Until then he'll suffer.

Yibo and Xiling went to get slurpies, Yibo's favorite was the green apple one and Xiling was the strawberry. They decided to mix them and surprisingly taste good.

"Since we start dating we haven't been to anywhere nice," Yibo suggested.

"Hmm, that's true because of my brother." She said and Yibo choked on his slurpy and stopped in his track.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"He wants to make sure you're perfect for me." Yibo sighed in relief and thought it was something else.

"I would probably do the same if you were my sister."

"Why?" She whined.

"You look so precious and fragile. Who would want someone to hurt you?" Yibo smiled.

"I didn't know that's how you see me" Xiling blushed.

"What can I say, we learn something new about each other every day," Yibo said.

"I remember my brother told me how this girl humiliated him in front of a large crowd and from that day he became so picky I can't tell when last he brought a girl home."

"Isn't that terrible?"

"Her name's snow, that girl talks like there's no tomorrow. I wouldn't drop a piece of paper in her sight." After she said that Yibo was a little worried because if she went to the Café she would do more than just talking so he now has to try every way to convince Xiling not to go.

"I figured." He laughed, Xiling stopped and she touched her lips.

"Hmm."

"Kiss." She said giving a cheeky smile. Yibo leaned in and they kissed.

"You're lips taste like... Slurpy." They both laughed at Xiling's comments.

"That would have to too vague to not notice."

"By the way, I'm going to spend the holiday with my Mom, next week. Days go by so fast." She said clicking her tongue. "I almost forgot about the days we did voluntary service, but it was fun. I wanted you to come because she wants to meet you."

"Well, that's the thing when it's Christmas parents want their children to spend time with them and mine is one of them, mom doesn't want me to go anywhere no even a mile away." He pouted.

"Can't you tell them it's your girlfriend?" She asked.

"Nope, not even my wife. I have to stay home, eat, and drink away my sorrows. Isn't that a good thing since I have no one?" He smiled bitterly.

"Zhan is the lucky one." She frowned.

"How so?"

"He got an excuse that he has worked, so they cut him some slack."

"Good for him."

"You know what I'll try to talk my mom out of it since you're going to be alone and stuff, I pray that she will find it in her heart to cut me some slack," Yibo said.

"Thanks for trying to be the perfect boyfriend, I really hope she would say yes, my mom would love you endlessly." She said and they began to walk home.