Chapter 7

I unlocked the door, went in and closed it behind me. I felt so sad I didn't even called to my brother somehow he noticed.

"Hey, having a bad day?" He frowned.

"Well yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

"You know what I do to feel better on a bad day?" He asked.

"No." I stared at him on the computer in the couch, he tapped on the empty space on the couch; I went over and sit.

"I talk." He chirped.

"Well," I sighed "I was embarrassed in front of the whole English students and teachers and I'm not in the same group as him." I pouted leaning down on his shoulder.

"A teacher will embarrass you no matter how you try to avoid it and who?" Zhan asked.

"He caused all of this." I humph.

"Want me to kick his ass for you?" Zhan asked.

"Ask no further, make sure you bring him in pieces," I replied and we both laughed.

"I don't know what I would do without you," I said tears filling up my eyes. I was on the verge of crying.

"It's okay, I will always be here for you." He ruffles my hair and kissed me on the forehead and that just made it worst I started crying.

"Zhan I mean it I love you so much, I really don't know what I would do without you." I sobbed hugging him tightly and he hugged back rubbing my back and hushing me.

"I don't know what I'd do without you either, I love you too lingling, now wipe those tears and let's hear it," Zhan said and we stopped hugging.

"The strongest actions for a woman is to love herself, be herself and shine amongst those who never believed she could..." I said and I couldn't help smiling.

"Now that's my Lingling." And we both smiled at each other.

"You just need a little reassurance." He patted me on the shoulder and went back to work. I went upstairs to get out of the clothes I wore to school and take a shower because it was hot.

When I started middle school I was bullied by the rich kids, those girls were really self-absorbed. At that age, I was soft and naive so I would always keep it to my self and didn't tell Zhan. As the protective brother he is, he found out and threatened them and from that day I didn't hear from them but the main reason for that is because they all had a crush on him.

That's the perks of having a handsome brother or should I say pretty because he's more pretty than handsome. He called me to his room one night and lecture me and told me the lines I repeated earlier; he told me that we would practice it until I know it from the heart. It took a good while but he said when I felt down I must repeat it, I did and somehow it worked.

Sometimes I feel that those words were reassurance of the fact that he won't always be there physically but he's there. I almost cried but I tried hard to hold it in and went to shower.

I hummed a song for the whole time I was in the shower. (the song at the top)

I went out and heard my phone buzzing and it was a group call from Huan and Soyun. What are they up to I thought sliding up the green button.

"Hey, guys I was going to put on some clothes before you all started buzzing off my phone." I rolled my eyes with a bath towel wrapped around me.

"Ohh I was just calling to find out if you guys heard about the big game this Saturday," Soyun announced.

"What game?" I asked confused.

"Baseball game Home vs Wolves, it's an opportunity to cheer on Yibo." Soyun giggled.

"Pssh, as if he would recognize me. Its a lot of people and I don't think we would make a difference." I turn away from the phone looking for something to wear.

"You'd never know," Soyun said.

"I think he'd recognize you," Huan said shyly.

"Thanks for the upliftment but I need more than that to be convinced." I clicked my tongue.

"Huan since we haven't talked much, who's your crush?" Soyun asked, I wanted to know too we are all friends. Huan has to be comfortable with us and also live with us teasing her. I giggled.

"I uhh promise you guys won't judge?" She mumbled.

"Promise." Soyun and I said in unison.

"I like Zac, the one in the English class I've had a crush on him since the basketball game," Huan explained.

Soyun and I stared at each other for like forever. We both cleared out throat and looked around, I started playing with my shirt, and Soyun was looking around, then we looked at each other. Huan was confused as hell she looked like she was about to cry then...

"Awwww that's so cute our huanie is growing up." Soyun chirped.

"Then you both gon' do the smooch smooch." I demonstrated with my fingers.

"Then he'll grab that booty," Soyun smirked.

"And then he's going to slap that booty making it echo." We both laughed.

"Guys you're making me uncomfortable." Huan spoked.

"We are?" I gasped.

"Yes," She replied.

"Sorry, it's just us we can't let you off so easy." Soyun smiled.

"Why is it hot in here though?" I pouted.

"Umm..." Soyun said tapping her finger against her lips.

"Huan likes Zac!" We both shouted.

"Why!" Huan shouted after and we laughed because of how she said it.

"Guys I got to go, something important came up," Huan said.

"Me too, mom's home, I'm officially an assistant. And remember the game tomorrow or eat my fist." We all giggled.

"Ok bye," I said and we all hang up.

I shook my head and smiled, we are something else. Every time we call its straight-up chaos, good chaos. I better hurry up and change and go help Zhan in the kitchen don't want him to get burnt.