Chapter 45

Yibo's P.O.V.

"Oh really?" Mr. Xiao asked surprised.

"Yes, it's the same setting as now but the difference is it was warm," I said and they laughed.

"So tell me..." Ms. Xiao said leaning in closer. "How did you get passed our Zhan Zhan?" She asked smirking.

"I don't know, maybe he just saw that I had good intentions with his sister." I shrugged.

"Hmm, well that's not the Zhan Zhan we know. You'd have to have more than that, or has he changed."

"Well, to be honest, it wasn't that easy," Xiling said to her mother. "Yibo has to work his ass off, I had to beg my brother to give him a chance. He still hasn't fully accepted him as yet but he's okay with it." Xiling explained and I wasn't surprised but more than likely he would give me a hard time then let me off the hook.

"Hmm, he has gotten softer." Mr. Xiao said.

"Oh, so you're the reason." Ms. Xiao said and nodded. "But I still need more than that. How long will you be staying Yibo?"

"One week, I need to go home for the last week to spend it with my family that's the only time they'll be free."

"Well it's good to be with the family, so I guess  lingling will spend the last week alone with us."

"Sadly yes." She sighed. "No need to remind me it's too much."

"Oh don't be such a downer, you'll have fun with us." Ms. Xiao said smiling.

"Okay let's get you both something to eat," Ms. Xiao said getting up and going to the kitchen.

They were all nice to me and well they talk like they have known me like forever, it's not that I have a problem with it but they seem nicer than I thought, we ate Xiling's mother lovely dinner but I remembered to pray that I would never forget, I have to make a good first impression.

After dinner, Xiling brought us up to her old room and it was little and cozy I liked it.

"This is my room Zhan and I shared a room when he was off dorm, then he left and visited very often until I left to live with him. We visit only holidays we scarcely come if it's not a holiday."Xiling explained.

"I like it here." I smiled laying on the bed.

"Me too."

"Where's Zhan's room?"

"Curious huh?" She laughed and I nodded impatiently.

"Okay, follow me." She said and I got up and trudge behind her like a little kid. She walked to the last door on the left and opened it.

"May I present to you my brother's ex man cave" she said and we both laughed.

"He doesn't do much does he?" I asked walking in.

"Not really but he spends half of his life in here. He only redecorated it after I got my room."

I was so curious about what little Zhan was like, hated sports for one. That's the only thing I know but I want to know more, maybe I'd get to tease him about it. I laughed to myself.

"Oh, here's Zhan's first comic book, I was too little to understand why he complains about how dumb it was," Xiling said handing me the comic.

"Oh, He-man," I said laughing. "So you guys were best friends?"

"Something like that, when we were younger, we didn't quarrel with each other or call one other names until we grew older." She explained and I kept looking in his room.

"What's this?" I asked taking up a drawing that looks like the best thing I've ever seen.

"That was his first portrait of a girl he liked back then, she inspired him to draw I think. Zhan was in love." Xiling laughed. "Until one day he came in angry and wanted it to rip but I hid it because I liked it, he still doesn't know though."

"Wow, it's beautiful," I said smiling and dragging my finger over it. I took a picture when Xiling wasn't looking and put it back where I saw it. I looked around and saw some ordinary things a boy would have maybe he moved out most of his stuff. But then I saw a condom and I laughed at the idea of Zhan sneaking in a girl to have sex.

"What?" Xiling asked confused.

"Ah, it's nothing. Zhan is a really interesting guy." I said and we looked at more stuff either we laughed or stare in awe of how creative and talented he was.

After going through Zhan's stuff without permission we went back to her room and lay on the bed.

"I'm exhausted let's unpack tomorrow," I said and before I knew it I was sleeping.

Xiling's P.O.V.

I was sad or more like upset that Yibo didn't want to see what I have in my room, and how he couldn't wait to see what's in my brother's room. It's just boy stuff and nothing interesting he was just as boring back then like now.

I looked at Yibo sleeping and rolled my eyes, I sat up and glared at him. What does Zhan have that I don't and he was so interested like Zhan is his boyfriend or something.

"Such a mood killer." I took up my phone off the table and called Zhan.

"Hey." He chirped.

"Don't hey me," I said in an annoyed tone.

"Ah, calm down you know mom and dad didn't mean to do what they did." He said laughing a little.

"You take everything for a joke, just telling you I'm home and okay."

"Okay, the house feels empty without you. Hope the two weeks fly by fast."

"Me too because I'm so angry I could punch through a wall." I sighed.

"What could mom possibly do to upset you?" Zhan asked.

"It's not mom. It's you and don't play innocent with me."

"I'm sorry." He said in a low voice.

"Good night I can't talk to you anymore," I said hanging up the phone without letting him answer.