Chapter 3

It took approximately 10 minutes before the basketball players walked onto the court Xiling was still not interested in watching the basketball practice. She only did it for Soyun she just hopes it was worth her time.

The team didn't start the same moment they walked in they looked confused and so was Xiling and the other people watching on from the benches, until the team faces went back to normal and then this guy walked out.

Xiling was dumbfounded, she was lost of words, her throat became dry and it was hard for her to swallow. She barely even knew him and she's already nervous. Her eyes were glued on him, she knew his every move, then all of a sudden the place became hot.

Soyun nudged Xiling on her shoulder several times and got no response which was odd. Soyun tries to figure out what she was staring at and when she found out she gasps.

"I think Xiling has a crush." Soyun teased feeling satisfied and that quickly brought Xiling back and she shook her head.

"What? No, it's just something I remembered." Xiling responded nervously.

"Xiling I have been your friend so long I know everything about you." Soyun squinted her eyes.

"Uh, look can we watch the game that's what brought us here right?" She said looking away.

"He looks like he's new, probably here for a couple a days and we are fortunate to see him, so handsome am I right?" Soyun nudged Xiling.

"Yes, I mean no, umm can we watch the game now?" Xiling asked annoyed.

"Sure no problem," Soyun smiled deviously knowing she was going to get it all later.

It was now 5 o'clock and practice was over so they got up and left while they were walking back home Soyun brought up the event that happened earlier.

"So Ling-ling, tell me, how does it feel to be in my shoes?" Soyun smirked.

"Yunnie please, I'm sorry for all the time that I've teased you but I'm really not in the mood," Xiling replied.

"Oh so I was in the mood when I was the one who had a crush on your brother and you teased me? Still do." Soyun questioned.

"I'll give him the letter and beg, I'll even climb the highest mountain and tell him if he doesn't date you I'll jump." Xiling forced a smile.

"I hope you're being sarcastic at the jump part because I'd rather date a leaf than let you die," Soyun assured.

"That's so sweet of you." Xiling smiled this time but she wasn't forcing it and this is where all talking ceased.

They said their goodbyes and finally, Xiling reached home after a long tiring day she flung herself on the couch. She took out her phone and was startled by Zhan's voice that she dropped it.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Zhan apologized.

"Brother your home early." Xiling got up and hugged him.

"Well you got home late," Zhan said pulling away from the hug.

"I know we decided to do something different." Xiling sighed.

"How so?" Zhan asked.

"Soyun came up with the idea that we watch basketball practice after school. I didn't like it but she had solid reasons so I went, hence the late arrival." Xiling explained.

"Well, that's good since you always come home early I was a little worried. I didn't call because I think you wanted a change." Zhan smiled.

"Yeah, I'm going to freshen up," Xiling said taking up her phone and going upstairs.

"Okay." With that Zhan went back into the kitchen reading a cookbook guide.

He's trying but he's kind of getting there, after a while doing a little thing here and there he managed to make the food look edible and also it tastes okay.

"Lingling dinners ready!" Zhan shouted from downstairs.

"Coming!" Xiling answered running down the stairs and sitting around the table.

"What's for dinner?" Xiling implored excitedly.

"Crispy sesame chicken and rice," Zhan said while bringing the food to the table.

"Hope it taste good as it sounds." Xiling smiled while taking the plate.

"Are you saying I can't cook even with a cookbook?" Zhan asked as he sat around the table.

"Well I'm sure none of those words came out of my mouth," Xiling assured.

"Well it doesn't have to, I know you too well." Zhan smiled. "Bon appetit."

They both ate at the same time.

"Well, well, well if it isn't crispy sesame chicken at it's worst," Xiling said and they both chuckled.

"I'm just kidding it's okay," Xiling said.

"Thought we'd have to order pizza or something," Zhan said.

After dinner, they both washed up the few dishes and pots. They both went to the living room and sat on the couch because Xiling wanted to give him the letter from Soyun.

"Here your secret admirer gave me this to give to you," Xiling smirked.

"Soyun?" Zhan asked and Xiling nodded. "I figured."

"Wow, isn't she creative," Zhan said while taking the letter, he opened it and the outside was filled with pretty decorations but the letter was, well there was a lot of yellow hearts.

💛I don't really know how to say this or where to begin, but let me start off by saying, you're the most beautiful human I've ever seen. I don't know if I'll have the chance to spend the rest of my life with you but if I do I will cherish you until the day we die. You deserve the world and more. I'm writing this from the bottom of my heart. I love you, Xiao Zhan.💛

"Well, this is more, less planning our future together." Zhan smiled and Xiling laughed.

"I'm surprised she hasn't written a book yet." Xiling chuckled.

"Maybe she's doing it secretively." Zhan shrugged.

"She can't hide anything from me, were like linked chains," Xiling said squinting her eyes.

"Tell her I love her too but as a friend and I'd like to have more face to face communication," Zhan said.

"Well if she would talk for one would be nice." Xiling smiled. "I'm going upstairs and that's all that happened today nothing else. Good night." Xiling said and got up.

"Goodnight," Zhan said and smiled.