Chapter 36

I heard my phone vibrate, I hope it's not mom again. When I looked at my phone I saw it was an unknown number messaged me.

xxxxxxxx
I meant that it was our body.

I immediately knew who it was and laughed at the fact that was what he meant this evening.

Me
Hey Yibo, how did you get my number?

Yibo
You lost it and I found it, finders keepers.

Me
Why do you take everything for a joke?

Yibo
I don't know

Me
Okay, I won't argue.

Yibo
I was just checking up on you because you left both of us downstairs and couldn't wait until I left.

Me
I can't bear to see you guys together, I feel like a third wheel.

Yibo
Someone's jealous.

Me
Video call me.

Yibo
Oh no, what have I done?

He didn't wait a second before he rang my phone and I answered and I was greeted with a smile and he was laying on his bed.

"Why do you think I was jealous?" I asked with a serious face.

"You just said it yourself." He smirked.

"No, I didn't, I was just stating the obvious. If you were in that situation what would you do?"

"I don't know, maybe I would just go on my phone or something." He shrugged.

"No, you wouldn't you're just trying to make me look like the jealous type."

"Aren't you?"

"Yes, bu-"

"See you've just said it." He smiled.

"Okay fine, I was but just a little, so little you will need a microscope to see it."

"Don't be so difficult now, but at least you admit it." He pouted.

"Yeah."

"Oh, I have someone for you to meet" I was confused as to who I have to meet and he looked so happy. "Lei come here I have someone for you to meet!" He shouted and I saw a girl entering his room, a girl.

"Meet my friend, Zhan." He said signaling her to come beside him.

"Wow!" She exclaimed and smiling, laying down beside Yibo and fixing so I could see both of them. I placed the phone standing up on the laptop so they could see more of me.

"I know right, he's so handsome." 

"I've never seen someone this handsome before." I watched as both of them described how handsome I was making cute faces. I laughed a little but I was a little embarrassed.

"What about me though?" Yibo looked at her with a sad face.

"Ah, Yibo, Yibo you're still handsome but let's not get too carried away, we're talking about your friend here." She patted him on the shoulder and I laughed again. His pride was hurt but his face went back to normal, I guess he was used to it by now.

"Hey, Zhan I've been wanting to meet you for some time now because not a day goes by that your name isn't mentioned in this house." She laughed and so did I. "I'm Lei by the way Yibo probably haven't mentioned my existence to you, I'm his cousin."

A flood of relief came down on my body, I was wondering if Yibo had girls over to keep his company or more when he left but I guess he's not that type of guy. I don't want to worry about these things because it's really too much to handle especially for Xiling.

"No, he hasn't nice to meet you."

"Likewise, you don't have to say much I already know a lot about you." She smiled making me feel at ease. "Okay I have to get going, and Yibo make sure you take care of your boyfriend."

"We're not together." Yibo quickly said in his defense.

"Yeah, he's dating my sister we're just good friends because of her." I forced a smile.

"I know lies when I hear one and that my friend... Is a lie. It's way too obvious to not notice, even if I was blind." She said and Yibo didn't bother to talk her down.

"Sorry about that but she always wanted to meet you."

"Am I that important to you?"

"Yes you are important to me, if I have you I can live without air."

"Yibo you're being unrealistic now," I said nonchalantly and he laughed.

"Okay, I'll stop."

"They don't know that Xiling and you are dating do they?" I asked.

"No, I didn't mention it."

"Ah, Yibo why do you always do these things?" I asked frustrated. "I don't think that should be the case, Xiling's your girlfriend they shouldn't be thinking no other way"

"I don't know Zhan, anytime I have something to say especially around the people I'm comfortable with, you're always the first person comes to mind. I don't know why and I can't help it, it just happens and I'm sorry"

"We'll let me be the last person on your mind, if anything I don't want to be there at all," I said pissed.

"Well that's a little harsh don't you think?... but you know I can't, it's not that easy." He said softly.

"No one cares, just stop making people think that we're together, you always do these things and don't think about my feelings or anything, is that how you expect to live?" I sighed.

"The last time I checked I wasn't the only one." He said with a hint of anger in his voice.

"And you're using it against me. You know what Yibo, I wish I have never met you; my life would be so much easier and less complicated. You have messed up my life and want to act innocent."

"So that's how you feel?" He asked with a little hurt in his voice but at this moment I didn't care how he felt, he was crossing the line.

"Yes, and if I had one wish that would be it. I don't want you to talk to me ever again, I don't want to see you either. I think that would be better for me."

"Okay Zhan, if it makes you happy." He said hanging up on me. I deleted his number out of my phone and flung it on the bed.

"Look what you have done, everything's a mess because of you Wang Yibo."