Chapter 8

Zhan's P.O.V

I was frustrated from working all day yesterday. I didn't want Xiling to worry much about me so whenever I'm stressed out or frustrated I try my best to hide it from her, I just want to make sure she's okay.

I went back downstairs so we could cook, I promised we'd cook some fried rice and sweet and sour chicken with vegetables. If it didn't taste good then it's not my fault. I went downstairs and saw her happily putting on her apron, I couldn't do anything but stare she just made me forget about everything that was related to work.

I slowly went downstairs hoping not to disturb her but I wasn't quite enough.

"What are we making?" She asked clasping her hands.

"Sweet and sour chicken and fried rice with vegetables." I listed.

"Can we make broccoli and sweet corn?" She pleaded.

"Your wish is my command." I bowed.

"Okay let's begin." She said taking up a wooden spoon and I nodded.

We got some chicken breast, some broccoli, overnight rice, sauces, sweet corn, and the pots and pans.

"So where do we begin?" Xiling asked.

"It says that we should season the chicken with salt and pepper," I said looking at the recipe.

We did that and followed the rest of the recipe, once in a while Xiling would sing a random song and dance to it. I would do the same but I'm very careful because of hot objects. We took forever to finish and sometimes it looked like we weren't even doing it right.

We still continued because I came from work early today the only evening for this week I would get to cook a full course meal. It was fun we did everything and tasted it every minute, we weren't meant for the kitchen.

After cooking we dished out the food after setting up the table and grab some juice from the fridge. We hurriedly took off our aprons and sat around the table.

"Bon appetit." She said before digging in.

We both were hungry so we didn't hesitate. After chewing it and swallowing Xiling nodded her head.

"Not bad but could've been better." She criticizes.

"I know but one day we will be enjoying something that feels like we're in heaven believe me," I said with food in my mouth and she nodded once more not looking up. We ate in silence until she came up with something to talk about.

"I haven't heard anything about your love life for a while now, what's up?" Xiling asked.

"Oh, my love life... Well, I kind of have a crush on this girl at work, she's nice but also a working geek like me." I explained.

"Really what's her name?" She smiled.

"Her name's Lisa, she's Korean by the way," I said taking another spoon of rice.

"Oooo... Interesting so Soyun won't get a chance?" She squinted her eyes at me.

"Well she's nice and yes she proved to me that we'd have a chance together."

"Good, good but do guys have a crush on you?" She giggled.

"No, I don't think so or not that I know of," I said shrugging.

"Tell me more about her?" She implied.

"Well, she reminds me of you at times, same length hair, height complexion but just the personality she talks to everyone," I explained.

"Hmm... I think I like her a little bit" she scrunched up her face.

"But?"

"But I don't know if she's interested in you, give me some pointers so I can see where we're at"

"Well she is the daughter of the CEO-" but I was cut off by Xiling.

"High standards I see; rich, pretty, nice, sociable, check what else?" She asked taking the last spoon of food.

"We only talk work-wise."

"You need to step up your game." She demanded.

"What about Soyun," I asked confused as to why she likes the other girl for me.

"Good question, Soyun is nice, loving caring, and all she's my best friend a person who I can run to whenever you're not there but you are also as important to me. I don't want to force you into something you're not happy with." She smiled.

"Wow, that was a pretty good explanation, but I'd give Soyun a try you'd never know and it's okay I would've told you."

"Hmm... You sure?" She paused.

"Yes," I answered.

"Okay," She said grinning wider I could see that that's what she wanted, very convincing.

We brought the dirty dishes in the kitchen and wash and tidy up the place it didn't take long. We told each other goodnight and went to our separate rooms, I sat around the computer to finish typing. The program was to be finished and tested by next week it was a lot of work.

I really couldn't wait for new workers so I didn't have to be bombarded with so much to do I literally stay up until 3-4 just to make sure I'm on track. Time is key.

I sat down the whole night typing until my fingers were numb, the only reason I'm still in this job is because it pays and this is what I love but overworking is lethal.

The next morning I was trying to reach work on time because I have to stop and get some coffee but I was a little late. I walked into a crowd of busy people in the building like always.

I went into the elevator up to the second to the last floor and went over to my desk. I quickly sat down and took out the computer and start to work.

After a couple of minutes Lisa came in she was smiling brightly as if she had a talk with the sun today. Then she brought back the normal face on a pH scale it was 7.

"Good morning my fellow colleagues, new employees will be here next week after this assignment is finished, your schedule will be changed including more day-offs and working hours." She announced.

"So please work fast and efficiently." She bowed we did in return and she left.

That's good news.