Chapter 1

Third-person P.O.V

Zhan Xiao lives with his younger sister XiLing Xiao, she moved in with him when she started high school. Zhan was the one who decided to take her in because he promised to take care of her as soon as he found a job to financially support him and his family.

He started to work as soon as he finished high school for Microsoft because he was a tech genius, he was well paid and happy with his job. He's 23 at the moment and his sister is now 18 at senior year at high school.

She talked to him about everything because he was an understanding person which makes her more comfortable around him, they were like best friends, they share everything with each other.

It was almost winter and because it was his day off and she was free because it's Saturday he decided to go shopping with his sister.

"Lingling hurry we have to go now this is the only day I get to go shopping with you know I can't spend all my day doing that." Zhan scolded.

"Sorry big brother you know I have to tend to my pet turtle, fish, and the plants on my window, I have a lot of responsibility." She reassured putting up her hands in the air in defense coming down the stairs.

"Come on, your too much," Zhan said taking up the car keys and his jacket. She followed behind him like a tail straight into the car.

They drove and they did the thing. Singing to songs. It was what they always do when they're in the car together, it's like a tradition or something. Zhan always loves when she sings because she has a sweet voice and she loves when Zhan sings because it is the best thing she has ever heard it's like an Angel in human form and she always tells him that.

He keeps denying it but she refuses to stop saying it. They finally reached the food store and she rushed in before him to pick up her favorite snacks he laughed because he was the one paying for it so she didn't have to do that.

After they've reached the sweets aisle she picked up a lot of them Zhan had to take some out.

"Why are you acting like a little kid, you know what happens when you eat too many sweets."

"Zhan Zhan why are you acting like an adult, you know I don't care." She laughed and put them back in.

"Remember I have the money." He took them out the second time.

"That's so unfair." She pouted and Zhan laughed.

"Zhan look chocolate!" She screamed receiving a few strange eyes.

"Tone down lingling were not at our house," Zhan said rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Zhan I know you don't like chocolate, you hate them if you were to choose them or die... You'd choose them because I know you don't want to die but if that's not the cause then you won't even look at the word." She exaggerated.

"Why do you like it?" He asked with a stoic face.

"They taste like heaven, they bring warmth, love and a feeling of home, it just melts away in your mouth witch is so-"

"That's enough you grossing me out," Zhan said walking away and Xiling laughed and took up what she wanted.

When they were finished shopping for groceries and winter clothes they went to buy something to eat Zhan never sat down and ate a good meal because he was always busy and had no time for even himself so this was the perfect opportunity for him to feed his body.

"Zhan, can we get something nice?" Xiling asked with her googly eyes.

"What do you want?"

"I want some kimchi chicken with barbeque ribs and fried rice and noodles and a large lemon juice."

"You eat a lot you know, I'll be back." He said before leaving the car. He took a while but he came back. After they reached home his sister didn't even wait to take off her shoes.

"Remember you're going to help me unload the car," Zhan said sternly.

"But bam you know without food I starve and you don't want that. Haven't you watch the health show food is life, the-" She was stopped mid-sentence.

"Groceries." Zhan pointed at the car.

"Okay fine." She said stomping to the car.

After they unloaded the car she went around the table without a minute to waste.

"Hmmm, this taste so good. It feels like I haven't eaten in ages." That's has Xiling reacts every time she eats so Zhan is used to it. He then joined her around the table.

"I hope you choose a job that doesn't let you don't eat in ages because I would have to buy a black suit that's too much time."

"Bam bam bam stop being so mean." She said looking up from her food.

"And stop being so overdramatic." They both stared at each other and laughed.

"You have work tomorrow?" She asked out of the blue.

"Yes, I do remember it's a big company, and it's not a lot of us," Zhan explained.

"I really miss when you just started, you had a little more free time."

"They are recruiting more people soon so I'm going to have more day-offs," Zhan said.

"Yes!" She smiled and danced. Zhan started laughing because she was not the best at dancing it looked like she was having a seizure.

"What are you going to do tomorrow?" Zhan asked.

"Hang out with friends." Xiling smiled.

"You mean Dacong, the turtle a boa, the fish?"

"Yes and Meng-zi we recently became friends," Xiling said taking her last bite.

"Ohh the girl you told me who got you both in trouble." Zhan laughed. "You both will be great friends."

"Time will tell." She sighed.

"Lingling I'll be in my room, I need to get ready for work." Zhan got up and kissed her and the forehead and cleared his spot.