Chapter 4

It was a regular morning routine for Zhan and Xiling but this morning they had to buy breakfast instead of making it. Zhan was running late because he forgot to set his alarm an hour early the CEO told him to reach by that time but he messed up big time.

Xiling wasn't so she took her time and on her way she saw Soyun.

"What a coincidence." Xiling smiled.

"It's not a coincidence I tell you, I was meant to see you this morning. So?" Soyun asked.

"So..." Xiling replied confused.

"You forget to give him the letter didn't you?" Soyun frowned.

"No, I wouldn't dare to," Xiling said with a straight face looking at Soyun.

"So, what did he say?" Soyun was fiddling with her fingers and looking down and that made Xiling stopped and when Soyun realized she stopped too.

"He smiled and he also likes the decorations," Xiling said.

"He did?!" Soyun squealed like a little girl.

"But..." Xiling interrupted.

"Ohh, there's a but..." Soyun said softly.

"Face to face communication my dear friend and also text him because his number isn't for decorations or else it would be on the letter," Xiling stated then started walking.

"You know how I am around him. I can't even text him." Soyun sighed.

"You think," Xiling replied.

"Okay let's have a sleepover and then I'll try to muster up the courage to wave." Soyun smiled.

"Such brave youngling, be thou not afraid to approach thy desires and conquer," Xiling said dramatically and they both laughed.

"I thought you hated Shakespeare." Soyun raised an eyebrow.

"I don't hate him, I just hate reading the books." Xiling shrugged.

"Well... I'll leave that for the sleepover." Soyun said and started skipping for no reason.

"Good idea." Xiling smiled.

The rest of the way was silence. Comfortable silence.

When they arrive at school they saw Huan waiting for them at the gate.

"Good morning." Huan smiled and they did the same.

They went to their separate classes until lunchtime they meet up at their usual table in the cafeteria.

"So you told Zhan about Yibo?" Soyun raised a question out of the blue.

"No." Xiling looking anywhere but at Soyun just to avoid the question.

"Why not?" Soyun asked.

"Because I don't think I need to." Xiling sighed.

"Actually you do, I'm not saying you shouldn't have a private life but you gotta give him a heads up." Soyun shrugged.

"Not everything is about him, Soyun but knowing you it is," Xiling said jamming the fork in the plate.

"Ouch... I'm sorry, I should have just kept it to myself." Soyun forced a smile.

"No, I'm sorry it's just that in Physics class my teacher yelled at me for something I didn't do and now I'm taking it out on you. I'm such a bad friend." Xiling facepalmed.

"Why didn't you tell me because I didn't bring a knife around for no reason," Soyun said leaning back.

"Soyun," Xiling said sternly.

"What?... We could just ambush her after school I know where she lives, we could hide the bo-" Soyun was cut in mid-sentence.

"No, we're not going to do any of those," Xiling said with a stoic face. "Without a gun." Xiling smiled and they both laughed.

"No wonder why we are made for each other." Soyun

"Where's Huan?" Xiling asked.

"Ohh, she's not having lunch with us today she'll explain later," Soyun answered and Xiling nodded.

After the last class, Xiling saw Soyun at the locker talking to Lei so she went over there.

"Hey both of you," Xiling said.

"Ohh hey, Lei don't be stupid think about it," Soyun said and Lei walked off.

"What's all that about?" Xiling asked cluelessly

"Hmm, he asked for some advice so I gave it to him, probably won't hear from him again." Soyun deviously smiled.

"Did you scare the poor boy, and I don't understand what did he say to you?" Xiling asked.

"Ohh we were talking about food and he said he put the cornflakes after the milk, a very delicate topic. So I told him that 99.9% of people died from doing that and asked if he wanted to die, then you came so I told him not to be absurd and think about it." Soyun explained.

"Wow and I thought I was the weird one, anyways can we watch practice today?" Xiling asked.

"Sure." Soyun grinned.
Theye both went to the bench, sat, and waited.

"So what got into you?" Soyun asked out of nowhere.

"I knew it," Xiling said through her gritted teeth and Soyun chuckled.

"You didn't answer my question." Soyun cocked one of her eyebrows.

"Okay I wanted to see Yibo play," Xiling said eyes fixed on the basketball court.

"Was that so hard to admit." Soyun giggled.

After the game, while they were walking home Xiling reminded Soyun about the sleepover so she wouldn't have an alibi as to why she didn't come.

When Xiling reached home Zhan was already there, she smiled and went beside him.

"Hey, cherry berry." He said ruffling her hair.

"Hmm? Sounds good. Ohh I have something to tell you, actually two." Xiling said taking off her shoes and fold her foot on the couch.

"Soyun is going to have a sleepover with me," Xiling announced.

"That's nice but she'll ignore me the entire time." Zhan frowned.

"No she will not that's why I told her to have a sleepover, my friend ain't no chicken," Xiling said with a serious face and Zhan laughed.

"I hope so." Zhan smiled.

"I assure you," Xiling replied.

"And what's the next one?" Zhan asked.

"What next one?" Xiling second.

"You said you had two things to tell me and that was one," Zhan said.

"Ohh, sorry I was too hyped up about Soyun." Xiling smiled.

"I realize" Zhan replied looking at Xiling who was shuffling in the couch like she was trying to fix not comfortably so she could tell him the next one and he was getting a little skeptical.