Chapter 15

Xiling P.O.V

I woke up early this morning because I couldn't sleep last night maybe it's because of what happened yesterday. I really didn't know where it came from we were good at least that's what I thought until she proved me wrong. The thing is I'm not focusing on that today gotta freshen up and make sure my brother is doing okay.

I decided to make him some breakfast and he thanked me for it since he wasn't going to eat anything if I didn't make him some breakfast after that I left for school and Huan told me to meet her at the school gate because Soyun wasn't talking to her either. After I met her there she was asking if I knew anything about it which I was clueless as shit.

"So what are we going to do?" Huan asked.

"Well, like they say be the bigger person so I'm going to talk to her and see what's up." I anticipated.

"Okay, that sounds good." Huan nodded and we went in.

When we were in class the whole time I was lost in thought and not about Soyun but Yibo since the accident happen on school grounds I kept on thinking about it. After the class before lunch, I ran to catch up with Soyun because I took too long to write the notes. She was walking with the same girls at the sleepover but I didn't care.

"Soyun we need to talk," I said grabbing a hold of her arm.

"About what Xiling, haven't you done enough?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"We. Need. To. Talk."I said through my gritted teeth.

"So what if I don't want to talk." She hissed because I griped her arm really tight, I hate when she's being this stubborn and I'm trying hard not to get angry right now.

"Okay fine, just let go off my arm. You'll stop the blood flow." And so I did and she followed me around the back where we could talk privately.

"Explain yourself," I said folding my arms.

"Aren't you the one who is supposed to explain yourself, you called me." She said pointing at me.

"What went wrong?" I said heaving a sigh.

"I already told you, what more do you want to hear." She shouted with hand gestures showing her frustration but I was frustrated too.

"That's like the dumbest reason I've ever heard, we can fix this Yunnie you know we can, and stop finding ways to hide the fact that you're acting childish," I said rubbing my forehead.

"Xiling stop."

"I'm not stopping and you can't make me because I'm not stopping until I have my best friend back if it's even to shout at you Yunnie tell me where I go wrong and I'll fix it," I said holding her hand.

"Why don't you just leave me huh? You should hate me by now."

"Because there's no hate in the love I have for you. Remember we go through everything together no matter how bad it is no matter how hard it gets Yunnie. Remember when I shoplifted your birthday present because it was tomorrow and I didn't have the money with me." We both laughed it was a bad/good memory but it's worth the try.

"I got caught and it was raining, I told them to call your number and you came, you saw how sad I looked and you knew if Zhan caught me it would be worse so you distracted the shopkeeper and we ran in the rain together. As fast as we can holding each other's hand" I could see the tears filling her eyes as she held my hand tighter.

"I never felt so safe Yunnie; I felt like I've finally found someone I don't want to lose. So let's put aside our differences and makeup." I said cracking up.

We both hugged each other at the same time crying. I hugged tight and she did too we were hugging for a good time until I let go. I looked at her hoping she'd say something.

"I... Uh, it's just I was in class when you weren't there and the two girls I was with came up to me, they said if I didn't break our friendship they'd do bad things to you. At first, I was going to say no because I was going to protect you but they showed me a video of what will happen to you if I didn't listen. I-It was horrible Xiling I couldn't say no. Im so sorry." She said before breaking down in tears with her face in the palm of both of her hands.

"Look at me," I said removing her hands from her face. "You don't have to apologize, you did nothing wrong but please next time if anything like this happens tell me because I was worried sick about you," I said calmly.

"So we're okay?" She asked looking at me.

"Were okay, we just need to figure out what those girls want," I said to myself stroking my chin.

"I don't know Lingling they just came out of the blue, nowhere to be precise; threatening me." She said.

"We got to get to the bottom of this no one messes with my best friend and lives to tell the tale." I squinting my eyes staring at a random object before Soyun lightly hit me on my shoulder.

"Come on acting like your a detective really makes me want to knock some sense into you." She said walking off.

"Hey wait," I said catching up with her. "I can see your better already because you using that uncivilized mouth of yours," I said as I flung my arms around her shoulder.

"Look who's talking, you are so much worst than I am, admit it." She said stopping in her tracks.

"No" I laughed before that running off and Soyun followed, she was a fast one got to admit.

I don't know what I'd do without her.