Chapter 16

3 years later,

Hayat Aslan's POV

"Doctor, we are losing him!" A nurse shouted.

I looked at the machine only to see flat line appearing. The machine was beeping loudly and the juniors with me was panicking.

"Relax, give him CPR. If that doesn't work then we have to give him electric shock."

A Junior started to do the CPR. Another was counting the amount of time he was pressing on the patient's chest. Rest of our eyes were on the monitor. Looking for a slight change. The lines didn't went all flat. Small bumps could be seen and we were trying to stop him from going to the flat line zone.

Gradually the patient got almost normal heart beats. "Great work, everyone but he needs to be on observation. He is not out of danger yet." The juniors nodded and I left the emergency room.

I was one of the senior doctors in the central hospital of Canada. I no longer do a lot of surgeries like before but other responsibilities increased. I had a whole team of junior doctors under me for training.

Everyday was chaotic because of them. Young people doing silly mistakes, letting their emotions cloud their mind and a lot of things. But I was happy. I was where I always wanted to be and no one was using me for anything. Sometimes I remember my brother and my sister in law. My niece or nephew was born and I couldn't even see the child.

I shook it away from my mind. I didn't want to go back and be the puppet that they had made me. But I changed a lot. I take care of myself, try not to overwork myself and moreover I go to dates. I went to many dates but most of them really didn't work out and I friend zoned others.

I had another date that night and I would go to the date after I was free from my duties. I hated being dolled up too much, it didn't change from before.

I had a social life as I handled VIP patients and they were very generous. Many even tried to tie me with their bachelor son, grandson or other relatives. Life was great it's just the loneliness that kept bothering me. But I try to be busy or booked always to get away from that feeling.

Many times I thought that I would date seriously but my schedules were sh!tty so, nothing worked. Whoever is the right person for me, will wait for me no matter how busy or b!tchy I am!

"Where were you?" I asked a junior doctor from my team. I didn't see her in that emergency room and she was supposed to be another place that time.

"Mam, that patient had few more problems and I had to look into those and run few tests. Everything is fine."

"Good, if anything happens then call me." I was officially done with my duties and headed to the my cabin. I need to take a shower and get ready for my date.

A VIP patient wanted me to go on a date with her son and she was really good. Anyone would be lucky to have a mother in law like her. I had met her son few times when she was in the hospital.

"I hope this one works. I am already getting tired in this dating things."

Nandini Arora's POV

"What is this? I said it's a really cute theme but you all made such badass sketches! And even if the theme was badass, this designs are awful. Dump this in the dustbin and make new ones. I want to finalize everything today, before we go back to our home." I said sternly and all of them groaned.