Chapter 2

Nandini Arora's POV

Being a fashion designer was not easy that too if you were a junior then it's a nightmare. After days of searching, I finally found the fabric that my senior wanted. I needed to rush back to my office but what I saw after getting out of the mall made my blood boil.

That loser knocked down my scooter. It wasn't the first time something like that happened. The scratches on my baby were the proofs. I started shouting on top of my lungs, cursing that good for nothing rich boy and he, like all others losers drove away like nothing happened.

I realized it was a hard fall when I saw big chunk of colors falling apart from my baby. I was so mad that I wished, I had a gun. I got rid of my violent thoughts because I had to go back to my office. I worked in a fashion house of a designer. They were hiring few junior designers and I was accepted there along with others.

I was not satisfied because I was a fashion designer but I was doing everything except for that. I was a newbie and I needed to learn but it's been more than one year. My other colleagues joined other companies as a designer but I failed to get into anywhere. That was the reason why it became unbearable to be there but I had no choice.

After my office hour finishes, I went back to my home feeling really tired. I saw my parents whispering something and it made me roll my eyes. Like any typical Indian parents, they were trying to get me married. They would have find a groom for me exactly like they wanted but after the huge loss my father's company faced few years ago, I was sure that I was not getting married because no body wanted to be in touch with broke people.

I saw my parents pinching each other when we sat to eat dinner. They did it when they want to tell me something. The one who gave up first would tell me whatever they wanted to say. Mom hissed when dad pinched her arm hard. She glared at my father, rubbing her arms.

"Umm.. Nandini, we needed to talk to you." Mom said with a forcefully stretched smile.

"Really? Did Dad get any big project? You look too happy." I said with a big fake grin that I could manage. It was a sour topic and I was being an evil but I couldn't help it.

"I am going to get one, actually." Dad interrupted our fake smile competition.

"For real?" I was very shocked.

"Yes, our life is going to turn well now." Mom said and that time with a genuine smile.

"Our life was good before too, mom. I even don't hate our current situation. We are in a decent area with a decent apartment. I am only frustrated about my job." I said with a bitter tone. I knew our family value talks would start and my mother did not disappoint.

"We are Arora family, Nandini. The way we are leaving is a shame on Arora's name. We need to bring back our family name in it's position. That's why, we think that it's better for you to get married."

"It is the only way, Nandini. You will get married into a good family and we will get our everything back." Dad completed.

"Woah.. What? From where did my marriage come into it? And who is going to marry me? You people are talking like everything is fixed." I shook my head and tried to focus on my left over food.

"Well, it is almost fixed." Mom, smiled at me. Internally panicking about my reaction. It was really hard for me to believe and I was at a loss of words.