Chapter 27

Nandini Arora's POV

After telling us why we needed to go back, they left to give us some space. Hayat and I was just inside of our room, doing nothing. We both were upset but my tears were not stopping. Maybe that's what I deserve after abandoning them.

I am the only child and I should be there to take care of them. His treatment was costly and I had no idea how they were paying for it. After being upset, I was thinking what to do. I could help them financially but as Manik said he was in his death bed and financial support was not nedded from me.

I decided to take a month long vacation and it would be my first leave since I joined the company. I would extend it if needed. I needed to select someone who would manage my works and would step up as a department head. Deciding that, I started to go through my files and had Alice Online.

"Why you want to know more about other people? You never really cared as long as they did their job right."

"We are looking for your new boss."

"Oh... Wait, what?"

"I am taking a leave and going back to my country. So, we need someone to step up. We need someone with extreme talent of designing and managing. That person might become a department head if I decided to leave the company some day."

"You are going nowhere. Let me see who has all those qualities and a good human being as well. I don't like strict bosses." I couldn't see her but I knew that she was shrugging.

"I am strict." I said feeling offended.

"Since when?"

"From the first day of your job. What are you talking about."

"Whatever helps you to sleep at night." I huffed and went back to select the candidate. Jordan Marshall was the perfect choice for both of us. He was nice, incredibly talented and strict like me. Whatever Alice meant by that.

I spent my rest of the day searching about Manik and our company. They merged the company even though the wedding never happened and there were so many speculation about me being absent from everything. I read few articles and it looked like some aunties gossiping and spreading rumors. It was expected. There were few separate articles about him ignoring questions about his fiance.

"Well, seems like they harassed him well." I grinned, "Deserved."

But there were no articles about my father. Obviously they hid it well. What if he was lying? He sure could make a fake report. Well, I would see that when I go there. They could not do anything without my consent. But if he really lied then I would make sure him losing his family's face. They were too proud about it.

I wrote an application for leave and needed Nial's sign on it. I was just waiting for a new day to start so that I can do whatever I needed to do. I heard Hayat leaving at night, might had some emergency case.

Morning came early much to my happiness. I got ready early and left for my office. No one was there and I printed my leave application out. I signed it and folded it inside of an envelope. People started to come but it was really early so, I went to have some coffee with some chocolate donuts.

I saw Nial arriving when I was coming back to the office. So, I took the envelope from my cabin and dropped it to Katherine's desk.

"Woah! What's in there?" Katherine said, taking the envelope.

"My request for a nice and well deserving leave. I said with a laugh.

"That you do. I will get the sign for you. Oh hey, Zander." Katherine shifted her focus.