Chapter 31

Hayat Aslan's POV

"I am glad that I got to see you before I die." Grandma said emotionally.

"Grandma, don't say that. Nothing will happen to you." Murat knew that she would start talking like this so, he left beforehand with an excuse to talk to her doctor. Traitor!

"I have lived enough. Saw my loved ones die, saw my beloved son die, who was supposed to look after me when I am old. I am just glad that I lived long enough to see my grandson become an adult. Even if I survive now, I am not going to long forever. I need to make sure that my grandson has the perfect life partner." She said with a smile.

I totally understood where she was coming from but sadly I couldn't reciprocal the same sentiment. "I won't let you go anywhere. You have a lot to see and a lot of things to do." She also needed to find the perfect life partner for him in the meantime, but I didn't tell her that.

"Something happened, right?" She asked and I felt like she caught my indifference and I had to break everything in front of a patient.

"What are you talking about, grandma?" I said with a pathetic forced smile that kept faltering.

"He told me that you got an once in life opportunity for your career that's why you left like that and he agreed to go along with that. Like who was he trying to fool? Even if you got an amazing opportunity, you would not leave without saying anything. He must have done something to make you leave. He was just covering for his mistake." I didn't know what to answer her so I just look at her with my wide eyes.

"I am right that's why you are looking at me like that. Where is he? What had he done? I am not going to leave him today." she was getting worked up and her heart beat was raising as well. I felt like cursing my stupid self.

"Grandma! Calm down, he was right. I did get the once in life opportunity. I am a senior doctor now and I have doctors literally work under me and apparently I am the fastest one to do so. I had to work so hard for this so that I could come back fast. Everything happened so fast that I had to leave abruptly. He did not lie." I tried to comfort her.

"Then why did he said that you both won't get married anytime soon?" She asked with a frown and I was praying for Murat to return.

"Err.. Grandma, I need to go back because I am not yet done with everything. That's why he said that." I didn't know what else to say. "But you tell me, you didn't take care of yours in that three years. I never thought I would meet you like this. I am very disappointed."

"My favorite doctor wasn't here with me. But now that she is back, I will be fine too, I believe that." She said holding my hand. "By the way, did you met Zain? That little kid is very mischievous, don't go for his innocent face."

"I did. He sneaked out of the hospital and ended up in the garden with me. He is really cute and being mischievous is something we Aslan's live for." I said with a smile.

"I want to see small Yilmaz around me as well but I don't know if I have that much time. So figure everything out and marry as soon as you can." She gave me a pointed look. In one conversation, she included our marriage so many times, I had no idea how we gonna hold her away from our never happening marriage.

"Oh she is alive! I thought she would die because of the boredom." Murat teased as soon as he pushed open the door.

"I am not like you, my love. Sadly you are the boring one. It has passed down on Yilmaz men. I was glad that your aunt did not have that." She slurred the last sentence and her eyes looks dazed. I sat stressed, pressing the button for nurse.

"My aunt?" Murat asked with a frown.

"She... was so lovely.... My sweet girl." Her eyelids were closing.

"Murat, go out and get the doctor!" By then her heartbeat started to drop. I couldn't do anything as I was no longer a doctor in that hospital. I just checked on her vitals and placed the oxygen mask on her mouth. The doctor came and injected her with medicines.

I came out of the room to let doctors do their work. "What's going on?" Murat was panicking with his wild eyes.

"Heart patients have this kind of episode. Don't worry, she will be fine. We have been here for long already. She is not going to be up before evening." I tried to avoid the elephant in the room.

"But those episodes means that her condition is becoming worse." He said while looking at me accusingly.

"Yeah, yeah you are so smart. I can't sugarcoat it anymore. With her age, her health is going to be in a bad condition. We can hardly do many things. She needs to plant rings inside of her and that's the last thing we want to do. She will be good for a year or two or maybe long if she is lucky but after that, nothing. You need to accept it, the condition you are in right now. I wish we had a way to keep her alive forever. Now come with me. You act like a child, no wonder she is so worried about you."

"You are here helping me with my troubles but you should not even look at my way. I did things -" I stopped him.

"I am not doing things for you. I am doing it for myself. I low-key think you are getting your karma but I don't want her to die. We are in a complecated situation so, it's better if we don't talk about it. Let's go. I heard reporters are outside of the hospital. It's not good for the patients. Fix yourself."

We started to go towards the exit when he said, "They are probably here for some movie star." We got out and everyone started to shout his name. "Or not." We quickly moved to get into his car while one thing stood out for me.

One of them were shouting, "Mr. Yilmaz, what are you going to say about the model who is claiming you as her baby's father?"

Nandini Arora's POV

I visited a temple after meeting Nayona. I was not a bad person and it looked like a weakness sometimes. My heart was restless because of the fact that I couldn't tell Nayona about my true feelings. Yeah, I was separated from my family mainly because of her but my parents played the main role here.

Surprisingly enough, I didn't feel the rage within me that I had since three years when she was apologizing. I just couldn't tell her to leave it. I didn't care about it anymore. Some hatred was still inside. I was making a sick woman suffer and it was making me sick. I wasn't supposed to feel like that. She practically got her karma.

That's why I decided something. I would not feel bad about it and it would be a punishment for her as well. I called Manik to meet me in that temple. He did not want to come to a local temple but he knew better and didn't refuse.

"I heard you went to met my mom, why are you here? Is everything okay?" He asked as soon as he arrived. I told him to follow me, and we stood on the stairs of the pond which was there for the temple.

"Your mother apologized." I said.

"Okay, then?" He asked as if it was the most normal thing.

"Then, I tried to stop myself from freaking out in front of her. She served me fried, oily snacks and said sorry. I thought the deity of death came to take me that's why I was seeing her doing that." I said with a frustrated sigh.

"She has changed after she was diagnosed with eating disorder. What did you say after that?" He asked curiously.

"I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I felt like it was some forbidden topic that I didn't want to face. I said nothing about that and now I feel bad." I frowned.

"Knowing your personality, it was expected." He shrugged.

"What do you mean by that?" I glared at him.

"You are a softie." He said with a smile. I sighed, looking away. I had no energy to fight with him.

"Just tell her that she should no longer think about it as it doesn't matter for me anymore. She can free herself from the guilt." I said with a dismissive wave.

"Why don't you say it to her, yourself?"

"I don't think I can say this on her face." And it would be her small punishment to not hear it from me.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Chapter 32 is available on Inkitt.