Chapter 51

Katherine's POV

Why he could not understand that nothing was possible in between them? She saw him with different girls but same type. She was far away from his type. Even if he had some feelings about her it's going to go away soon. She was barely surviving, dating someone that to her billionaire boss was something out of pocket that did not make any sense.

He was mad at her because she kept rejecting him. He only accuse her being a overthinker who was rejecting him just because he was a playboy. She was generalizing him and what not. It's not because he was a playboy. There were so much other factors as well. He was a rich man and I worked as his assistant. It's very clear that people would call me a gold digger who seduced her boss. He would have women all around him, trying to be his interest. There would be people trying to break them apart, everywhere they would go, everyone would judge everything.

Naturally it's going to tire us out and everything would go down hill from there. I wanted to live a good normal life. Life with him would be anything but normal. I spent my life alone, most of it. I was betrayed by my closed ones many time. I went far away from them and struggled all by myself.

Nial could betray me, he could leave my hand any time. I would never recover from that if it happened. I had promised myself long ago that I would not marry if I could not find someone who was worthy for me. He just ruined my chances because sure the news of me rejecting Nial would be all over the television in Canada. Nandini and Manik already left for their country and I was stuck there with Nial.

I was so frustrated with Nial. He attended the meetings but I bet he didn't even know what was going on. I was pushing files at him but he was distracted. I might have to leave the job because of him.

After the proposal there was zero chance for me to get a job anywhere. I had no idea what people thinking about me and many could take advantage of me because of it. I didn't know what to do anymore. Nandini probably did not even land yet and I had zero friend to talk to.

After being frustrated, I went to the bar, best friend of lonely people. I was so mad at everything, my life, my luck, my work, my boss. Sometimes I felt like I was overreacting. I loved him, he liked me and he asked me to marry him. I should just jump excitedly and say 'yes'.

But the vision of my life was not very bright after that. He liked me probably loved me as well but a nobody like me had nothing to bring something for him. He would get bored easily and even if he would not cheat, I would think that it's happening behind my back.

I could feel my stupid plan of getting drunk was not really going to work. Why though? I really want to forget about everything and it works for everyone but not me. I had two or three shots more before I decided to hit the dance floor. I used to be cautious there but that day my cautiousness took a break and I became reckless.

I was so into the dance that I didn't care about the men around me. I just danced and few tried to join me. I just left it on them, they could do whatever they want and I was just into my own bubble, ready to rock. I needed more drink. I wanted to go out of the dance floor but I was blocked from everywhere. I frowned and was about to knock few people down when someone held my hand and dragged me out.

"Woah! Why are you pulling me like that?" It's a big familiar man in all black.

"Who are you? You kind of look familiar." He didn't answer and kept dragging me with him.

"Hey, are you kidnapping me? Security, help!" I started to scream but nobody helped. I was so confused when he pushed me in a room and locked it behind me. "Open the door! You got the wrong woman."

"He got the right one." Some rough voice said. I looked back and saw it was Nial, sitting on a big leather chair.

"Why are you sitting like that? You are not a king." I frowned.

"It is supposed to make me feel that I am in power. That's how I am feeling right now. Tell me, did you enjoy the dance floor?" Why in the world was he asking that to me?

"I danced and I enjoyed it." I mumbled and looked around the room.

"So, you liked those stupid men dancing around you and touching you?" His voice was hard.

"They did? I have no idea!"

"Of course you don't because you are drunk as heck." He was angry and I went near the pole.

"Why are you angry? Are you jealous?"

"No, I came here to have a good time but I am here babysitting you." That made me very angry.

"I am here because of you. Otherwise I was having a good time there. Anyway, you might have expecting a stripper. Don't worry, I will strip for you."

"Katherine!" His warning came but I was not in my sane mind.

I just ignored all the signs that was telling me to stop. I got rid of my crop top and was only in my red bra. I started to swing around the pole but earth was roaming round and round for me even after I stopped. I shook my head while holding it. "Woah, pole is not for me. It's okay, I can do a split."

I wanted to do a split but my skirt was hindering my intention. "Oh, wait a little bit. This skirt is not letting me do it." I was literally fighting with my skirt to be removed.

He had enough when my red panty started to peak. He got up and stopped me to do anything but triggered my roaming vision. Because of that we both fell on the bed with him over me.

"Arghh! What are you doing? I need to do the split."

"You need to do nothing." He caged me with his weight.

"That's the thing I can do for you after rejecting you." I mumbled.

"And why did you rejected me? I know you love me."

"We don't match. You are going to get annoyed with me soon and leave me later. I don't think I can survive that. I am just protecting myself against you." I would never told him that if I was in my right mind.

"Who told you that nonsense? I love you, Katherine. I am not leaving you even if you tell me to do so. You are mine and I will see how you avoid my love."

He leaned down and sealed the promise with a fierce kiss.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Chapter 52 is available on Inkitt.