Chapter 26

Hayat Aslan's POV

Nandini and I was sitting at the kitchen counter, watching them going through the groceries they bought. They were making us breakfast and we were scowling at them.

Nandini and I, obviously did not look welcoming but it did not discourage them at all. They were acting like they were in their own kitchen. I looked at Nandini and saw her sigh. We were not ready for this early in the morning.

Manik was making omelet, Murat was making pancakes. It was hard to tolerate them in my kitchen and weird as well.

"Why are they doing this?" Nandini whispered. "Manik is cooking breakfast and that too for me, it has to be some joke."

"Same with Murat. Why are they acting kind of soft? Is this their new way to manipulate us?" I whispered back.

"Nope, not happening. I am not going anywhere. He can grovel on the floor asking for apology." She said angrily.

"Let's see what they are planning on doing." We both nodded when Murat called us out.

"What are you both whispering?"

"I was telling her, how I felt that you are a good human who at least tried to understand his employee." Nandini answered. They literally spied on us and made us believe that they were just gentlemen.

"And I was telling her how Manik saved me that day. I really thought that he was an angel that God had send for me. But little did I know how wrong I was." I said with a force smile.

"Honestly, I was protecting my friend's would be bride. I don't need to be an angel to do that." Manik replied nonchalantly.

"How stupid of us isn't it? You two had a good laugh while fooling us." Nandini glared at them.

"Of course, not. Why would we laugh when there was nothing to laugh at. Both of you are pretty serious with everything." Murat replied.

I had enough of them. "I think that would be enough for breakfast. Stop now."

"No, we are not done yet. You see there is more batter for pancakes." Murat said and I sighed in annoyance.

They placed everything in front of us and took two chairs opposite to us. "We have some chicken soup for you as well." Murat pushed the bowl towards me. Clearly ordered from somewhere.

We ate in silence but Nandini and I kept glancing at the boys in caution. But they were relaxed, too relaxed to be honest. They kept eating and did not tried to make any snide remarks or did not tried to pull off any kind of manipulating tricks. We failed to figure out what they were actually thinking. Breakfast was delicious and we had to admit in our heart that they could cook.

They even offered to clean the dishes but we had a dish washer so, no need to do that. We were sitting on the living room and I realized that I had no idea what we were doing. I was really angry with them.

"Can you tell me why you are showing your amazing acting talent to us? Like first you try to befriend us and now you just made breakfast for us. The Murat I knew would never do that and I can guess the same for you as well, Manik. So, tell me what's going on?" I said as I let them entertain us for enough time.

"First of all, we didn't act to be friend with you. We genuinely wanted to you as a spouse of a friend. Secondly, we didn't acted to make breakfast for special favors or something." Manik replied.

"Then why are you here? I thought I told you yesterday that I have no desire to go back with you." Nandini fired.

"I think I also did the same. So, tell us, why both of you are invading our home and doing these? One more thing, you can not manipulate us acting like this." I said with confidence.

Nandini nodded to show that she completely agree. They stared at us for sometime before sighing simultaneously. Everyone was sighing mean everyone was stressed because of these men.

"I told you last night that I knew about you being here and I told you that it was time for you to come back. Well, I have one more reason to come here."

I didn't say anything as I wanted him to finish speaking first. Seeing my non existing response, he sighed again.

"Your Nephew is sick."

I snorted as if it was some joke. "I knew you would try to blackmail me emotionally and I am disgusted, Murat Yilmaz."

"I am not lying. He has a rare heart problem and I have his reports with me. I can set up an video call with his doctor for you. You can see it by yourself. Your brother needs you more than ever. Let me grab the report from the car." Murat was going out of the apartment but I was sitting there, numb. What if he was saying truth? He, no matter how manipulative he was, no matter how much I could never trust him but he did not sound like he was lying.

Manik called him out to bring his file as well. Nandini frowned, "What file?"

Manik took a deep breath. "I know you won't believe me as you should, I deserve that but your father does not deserve that. You are his only child, he deserves to have you beside him when he is on his death bed."

"Wh.. What are you talking about?" Nandini's voice shook as she started to breathe fast. She already had the tears on her wide eyes.

"Calm down, please. I can't tell you anything if you starts to get hyper."

"I don't give a fvck about what you can or can't tell. You will tell me what you mean by that, what did you mean by my dad being on his death bed?"

I had nothing to do to calm her down. She would not calm down without hearing it. She knew what that meant but she wanted to hear it, just in case.

Murat returned with two files and handed us each one. My hand shook when I tried to open the file. I didn't want to show Murat any weakness so, I just opened it and started to read what was written inside.

With each section, I could feel my heart to fall little by little in a deep pit. I heard a gasp from Nandini who was reading her father's report.

"We acted like that last night because obviously you would not believe that the jerks from your past can change so much. You will only go to see your family members and possibly help them. You can come back here after a few days. No one will say anything to you." I did not know who said that as I was too drawn into the report.

I slowly turned towards Nandini and she did the same. The helplessness in her eyes screamed that we were thinking the same thing. We tried to get away, breaking every tie but we had to go back because of those ties. We had to go into a possible trap, no matter how much they reassured us. We could not be selfish anymore otherwise we would end up to be exactly like them, our family members. And both of us did not want that.

Another struggle of our life was about to begin.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Chapter 27 is available on Inkitt.