Chapter 32

Nandini Arora's POV

Next day I took care of my father, helped my mother to cook for them. I was going out for lunch to meet my friends. I will be meeting them after three years. I used to call them sometimes for few minutes but that's it.

"Nandini, take these files with you. Manik forgot them here. Just make sure to drop it before four." Mom handled me few files.

"I am going to meet my friends not operating a pick and drop service." I groaned.

"Your friends are coming for their lunch break, they can hardly manage an hour. You should have met them after their office hour." Mom said while caressing my hair.

"They all are busy with their lives and Bella is already married. Her mother in law won't like it if she stay out. Who told her to get married so early." I pouted.

"You would have been married too if you didn't run away. We, parents are worried about our children. Your male friends should get married as well."

"Mom, they are only 25." I rolled my eyes.

"The perfect age to go on the wrong way. So, it's better to get married instead of ruining the family name. Did you date anyone there? I heard the Canadian men are very handsome."

"They are handsome but I didn't date anyone. I was busy with my work." I said with a laugh.

"Why didn't you? If not Manik then you have to marry someone else. Date someone or I have to find someone for you." It sounded like an ultimatum.

"I thought, you will try to set me up with Manik as he had done so much for you." I said unsurely.

"Manik doesn't want to force you. Also, we all came in this life as a pair. If Manik is not your other half then destiny will not set you up with him."

I looked at her with my mouth open. "Woah! We are back with our typical belief. Thank God for that."

"You are wasting your time here. Go now. I need to feed your father as well." I felt like I was thrown out of my house.

I left to meet my friends with a pout knowing very well that they would tease me to no end. They would be surprised to see me working as a head designer in Canada. I knew they got promoted as well and doing well in their career. I was the one who kept it hidden.

My friends were all waiting for me when I reached the restaurant. "Well, Hello Miss Arora. We are so glad that you could make it." Andrew said mockingly with a smile.

"Hello there Andrew, I see that you are still the same trouble maker."

"Of course, you all are so boring. I have to spice things up." He shrugged.

"But we are glad that you have returned, finally." Rocky gave me a hug followed by Andrew.

I looked at Monica and Bella, they looked indifferent while sitting there. Clearly angry with me. I knew what to do. "Monicaaaaa, oh my darling!" I sang the song she despised the most. Everyone used to tease her with that one line.

Monica glared me, "Do you have a death wish?"

"I can die for you gladly."

"I thought I was the dramatic one." She said with a faint smile. I took that chance to hug her tightly.

"Hey there Bella, I don't see your Edward." I acted to look around. Bella was the easiest one to melt and that's why she couldn't hold her big smile. She really loved that guy.

"That's not his name but I got the reference and I thought we are not bringing our spouses."

"I got the reference." Andrew said with his high pitched voice. "She even saved his name as. 'My Edward'. Cringe if you ask me."