Chapter 40

Hayat Aslan's POV

We were sitting in a waiting room. We were supposed to wait outside of the operation theater but Dr. Imran said I shouldn't be in that fragile environment and so should Murat.

Murat was pacing around and his body posture was tensed. I told him to calm down, sit down multiple of times but his nerves were not letting him calm down or sit in peace. "You know what? I think I am going to be sick." I said and started to dry heaving. It looked like I was going to vomit anytime.

"Wait, what? Hey! What's going on? You were fine even a second ago." He passed me the water bottle.

It didn't take much time to get sick and it was obvious as I was really tensed about grandma. Moreover, I was thinking what would happen to Murat or how he gonna react if anything happened to her. I was already stressed and Murat pacing in front of me like that was the last straw.

He became worried about me and even took a cabin for me while a doctor came to check up on me. "I don't need to get admitted here. I am just nervous about grandma and my body couldn't handle it. I need to take more rest."

"I told you to stay in the house. See you made yourself more weak and sick. Now I have two sick woman to take care." He groaned.

"You don't need to take care of me." I said as I took care of myself before. I needed no one with me.

"Then who will? Your imaginary boyfriend?" I glared at him as it was kind of offending. I was busy with my work and didn't wanted to commit to anyone. It wasn't funny at all.

"I don't need one. I want to check on Zain as well but I am sick and sick people should not be around operated people. He is not supposed to start talking this soon but ahhhh I am sick of being sick." I wanted to take care of Zain after his operation but I fall sick.

" It's okay. He has been well taken care by the doctors. Both of your patients survived and I heard it's really rare. Just recover fast and you will be hit with a load of new offers from various countries. I am just protecting you now because you are not well."

All these were not new but I could not really settle for him being that considerate. "I never asked you but did you not date anyone when I was away?"

"You want me to die? If Grandma saw anyone beside me who is not my fiancé then I would never see the next day. She made sure that your place is protected. Moreover, I didn't want to date as well. I was going through internal battle that changed many things within me. I never questioned myself if what I was doing with you was right or wrong. But when you left, I questioned myself and I was so embarrassed. That wasn't how a grown man should act." He looked really disappointed at himself.

" So, that's how you changed and learnt whatever you said. I don't even know what you have learned as you never say that to me." I gave him a side eye that meant 'you better tell me now.'

He smiled and said, "Let me give you some example. After you left, I questioned myself. I am rich, handsome, women loves my company then why she is so adament to not marry me. Our past has nothing to do with us. She even ranaway to avoid the marriage. Then I realized that even if we are not responsible for our past, we are responsible for our future. No girl will want to marry someone who treated them like I treated you. You were my fiancé, my soon to be wife. It was life long commitment but I turned it into a game that invested in my ego. I did everything wrong from the beginning. You were mine to protect but I became the biggest threat."

I was speechless! I wasn't expecting that deep talks from him and he did that without any hesitation. I could never deny that he understood all that by himself which was huge. An egoistic man like him understanding the values and main topics showed that Azize Yilmaz really taught him things which got overshadowed by his cruel grandfather's teaching. It really touched my heart or maybe because I was really sick.