Chapter 52

Nandini Arora's POV

I went to see my father as soon as I landed in my country. I knew mom was giving me vogue answers about my father and my suspicion confermed when I did not find them in our house. My father was admitted in the hospital and he was in the ICU.

Mom started to cry as soon as she saw me. We hug each other and I started to cry as well. "Why didn't you inform me about him?"

"He didn't want you to leave everything and comeback. You are working on the company to revive it. He is really leaving us." She also lost hope.

"Mom, don't say that! What did the doctor say?" It's better to not give up.

"They are saying the same thing. It's between him and God now. I think he is simply waiting for you to come back so that he can say his last words." She was sobbing hard.

"Mom! Don't say things like that. Dad is going to be fine. He is not leaving us."

The Nurse gave him an injection after he woke up from his nap. "You are back."

"I am. I told you that you can not get sick before I came back but look at you." He just smiled a little.

" I was always sick. As doctors said before, with time my condition is going to get worse. I don't know how long I am going to last."

"Dad! You have to be strong for us if you give up then nobody can help you. I am still not married. How can you leave before that." I was getting teary eyed as well.

" I wanted to talk to you about that as well. I know that I was not a good father for you. But I always want the best for you. I know that I wanted you to marry Manik and I was forcing you for it. Manik was not the best that time but now he would be a very good husband for you. You are my only daughter and before I die, I need to see you with someone you respect and vice versa. If it's not Manik then promise me that you will find yourself a good young man. This useless father of yours could not do anything for you." He started to cough before tears slide from his eyes.

"Dad! Dad, relax. You tried your best and did what you think, it was best for me. I will never hold it against you. Everything will follow our fate. Don't worry about it." I tried to calm him down. My father was not the smartest one but he was a strong man. Seeing him so fragile, fighting for his life makes me scream in sorrow.

After getting out of the cabin, I headed straight to my home. The journey, emotional struggles really burnt down all my energy. Mom stayed at the hospital. She didn't want to leave as she feared that anything could happen to him anytime. Manik was not there with me so I thought that we were mad at each other.

I thought he was lying about the flowers but he had no motive behind it. It's a mystery who sent those flowers. I did not expect Manik to be in our house. He really did not live in his own house. "Why are you here? You should be with your mother. She is probably all alone, missing her child."

"Ask her! It's like she doesn't want me there. She told me that you might need some support after seeing your father like that. I didn't want to leave but she literally shooed me away." He looked innocent like a kid, complaining about the mistreatment.

"Even your mother had enough of you." I teased him.

He just narrowed his eyes. "Go and clean up. I got food for us."

"I don't want to eat."

"So, you do not want to go to office tomorrow." This time I narrowed my eyes.

"I never said that."

"You are not allowed to do any work if you do not eat your meals. I don't think you are going to have time to eat anything at all tomorrow."

I sighed and went to clean-up. I was feeling hungry.

He was right. I had so much things to do the next day. It was like everything waited for my approval. Manik was busy as well after missing from his office for so long. We didn't see each other at all.

I got to attend so many meetings with the potential investors. All of them wanted to invest in the company after being impressed with the show I managed to pull off in Paris. Meeting after meeting with the investors and my team members, I was feeling little weak. My head was hurting as well.

I was walking towards the meeting room for my possible last meeting. But as soon as I entered in the room, everything went black and I was falling for eternity.

Hayat Aslan's POV

The old woman was laying on the floor, obviously after forcefully getting an injection. Celina was in Selim's arms and he held her close like a precious possession. The old woman would be taken under a facility where she would be treated for her problems.

"I am sorry love, I am so sorry. I should not have leave you here." Selim was mumbling to his daughter.

According to the plan and our prediction, Oldie was eavesdropping. As soon as she heard Celina asking for help, she had lost it. She went ahead to attack us but Selim and the team from the facility stopped her right on time.

The facility people took the old woman out and I looked at Selim. "Are you going to stay here or take her to somewhere else?"

"Well, the house needs to be fixed first. I booked a hotel room for us to stay for few days. Thank you so much, Hayat."

"I really haven't done anything at all. I just came for a security check. You saved your girl." I patted her head. "By the way, Celina. Why she changed your name?"

She looked at me and thought for a moment. "She said that name was beautiful and very common now. My name is very old that's why."

"She changed it because it's trendy? What in the-" I looked at Celina and thought that I should not cuss in front of her, "- grace of almighty she was thinking!" I smiled a bit.

"Papa, I want to stay with you. Please! Papa, I don't want to live alone without you." She said innocently. My heart broke for the infinite time. Her father surely keep her safe.

"I am not leaving you alone anymore, baby. Papa and princess are going to live together." How would he take care of everything? I knew how hectic our schedule was in Canada. She was a very young girl who needed constant observation.

We told her to collect her art supplies while we pack her clothes. When she was a good distance away from us, I turned towards Selim. "Are you planning to take her with you?"

"Yeah, I already applied for her visa."

"But how are you going to manage?" He had to have some plan.

"I don't know. I will probably look for babysitters or a permanent house help."

"Or you may look for her mother." I said pointedly.

"She is dead! Why would I look for her?" I rolled my eyes.

"I am telling you to look for a wife who can be her mother as well."

"I don't need a wife." He straight out rejected my idea.

"But she needs a mother! Half of your problems are going to be solved that way. Okay, not a wife but look for her mother. I think you understood what I mean." I walked away to help the little girl with her supplies and they were a lot!

"Celina, I don't think you can take all these with you. You are going away from here for a few days. You need to select a very few items to take with you."

"Few?" She looked up innocently.

"Yes, my love." I nodded.

She was so cute. I suddenly wanted to have kids. That time Murat's face flashed on my eyes and I shook my head. I was imagining him everywhere in everything.

"Who are you?" Selim asked and my eyes widen. He was really there. He came inside after seeing the open door.

Murat didn't answer him but he looked at me. I walked toward them and cleared my throat. "Murat, this is Selim, my colleague. Selim, this is Murat. My... fr.."

"Fiancé, I am her fiancé. Nice to meet you." Murat said with a blank face.