Chapter 20

Nandini Arora's POV

I saw everyone in the office was creating a small group ignoring their works. They didn't even notice me coming inside of the office so I was a bit suspicious about what they were talking like that. The only time they did this kind of thing was when some juicy news came out or some scandal got leaked or something.

Alice was also missing from her spot and she was the main gossip Queen. Something definitely happened. I got inside of my cabin and saw my timetable like my meetings and all but my eyes were going towards the glass walls and the people behind it talking in a small groups. It was kind of disturbing to see but I was curious.

Suddenly something struck in my mind. What if they got to know about Manik and me? They were probably talking about that only. But if that was the case, they would have look at me weirdly when I came into the office. They love to create pressure like that. I shook my head, I was thinking too much. There was no way they would know about it. I was sure that his engagement news would not pop up after all the achievements he had got after that.

I tried to relax and opened up my sketch book. I was all over the place because of that one dress. I had so many plans but none of them were enough to be executed. Shortly after, Alice came into my cabin.

"So, Alice is finally done with wondering."

"Do you even know what is going on? The girls in our office are already h*rny and the boys are so jealous."

"Wh-What? Girls are... Why? What happened?"

"We only used to drool for Nial but now we have two more handsome hunks to drool over." Alice said while rubbing her lips as if she was whipping her drool.

"You mean, you idiots who always run away from work got two more distraction. Lovely!" I rolled my eyes.

"It happened because of Nial's friends. His friends were in this building yesterday. Manik Mehrotra and Murat Yilmaz, they are exactly like a perfect package as Nial, Young, rich and handsome." Alice said dreamily.

"Nothing will matter if they have trash personality." I snorted.

"Why are you so negative today? Did something happen?" Alice frowned.

"No, everything is fantastic." They were drolling over my *ss ex fiance and I would have to endure it for the sake of my secret. "Tell everyone, if they don't start working in five minutes then I will report each one of them."

Alice stomped outside and did what I asked her to do. I attended few meetings for new projects and everything else as I daily do. I even started to pin down the dress for the show. It would inspire me to figure out what I was looking for.

After I was done with the last pin and it looked like a short dress, Nial called me in his cabin to discuss about the new projects.

I was halfway towards his cabin with all the files when I felt something weird in the pit of my stomach. I looked around and saw no one was actually looking at me. Everyone was busy with their own work.

"What if Manik is in the cabin with Nial? Sh!t what to do?"

I saw Katherine, Nial's assistant. She was really sweet and always put up with Nial's stupidity. But she looked grumpy that moment and furiously typing something on her computer.

"Hi, Katherine." Her face broke into a beautiful smiling one.

"Hello, Nan. He is inside, waiting for you. Just be careful with the one with him. That unbelievable man gave me a file to type within half an hour. I don't know if I can finish it but please try to keep him in a good mood OK?"

All the courage left in me vanished as soon as I heard that there was someone with Nial in his cabin. 'Nandini, I think the day has come and you are screwed.' I mumbled before knocking on the cabin door.

"Come in." I heard Nial giving me the permission to enter. With my fast beating heart, I opened the door slowly.

"Oh, Nandini. Come in, why are you standing there." I heard Murat talking. I just sighed in relief. It was not Manik.

I greeted them both and started discussing about the projects with Nial. We were going over all the details and Murat was just sitting there busy with his phone.

We were almost done when suddenly Murat said something with heavy irritation. "Why is Manik not here yet?"

He was supposed to come there! I thought I would die or something. "Nandini, even if he come in front of you, you need to handle it. You can not panic or behave like you did something bad. You thought about yourself and there was nothing bad in it. You are now head of the designer department. You would never had made it if you got married with him. Relax!"

I said to myself while Murat and Nial was bickering. Nial dismissed me after he was done with the files. I was getting out of the cabin when Murat stopped me.

"Our friend is not coming and I don't have anything to do. Why not giving me a tour of this office?"

"You want me to give you a tour? OK."

I showed him the cafeteria, all the floors of different departments and all. We were talking about many things when he bought up the show stoppers dress.

"Whenever you hear about it, you look really worried. Is everything OK?"

"I just don't have one particular idea. Lots of ideas keep jamming it. That's why I am bit worried about it."

"You will figure it out. Just be true to your instinct." He checked his phone and sighed. "My friend is not coming. I am the one doing business with Nial that's why he thinks he do not need to be here every day."

I wanted to jump out of joy but I control myself. "I am sure he must be busy as well with his work." I said with a smile.

"As far as I know, he is done with his work. He is now vacationing here."

"He must be busy with his girlfriend." Unintentionally it came out of my mouth. I widen my eyes and looked at him. It sounded bad from my side because according to Murat, I had no idea about Manik.

"Sorry, I just-"

"He doesn't have a girlfriend. He has a fiance who left him without a word and now he is searching for her. I am sure he is going to marry him as soon as he finds her." Murat said casually but it wasn't casual for me.

I thought he would forget me but he was actually looking for me! He would never see me, I would make sure of it.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Chapter 21 is available on Inkitt.