Chapter 55

Hayat Aslan's POV

I was sitting on my bed while turning off all the lights. My legs were tucked under the cover and I was freaking out. Why did I do that? I was the one who started the kiss. But I didn't know why. I probably wanted to just go with a peck but when he started to response, it turned into a whole make out with lots of tongue and hand movements.

When we both came to our senses, he was sucking my neck after a bite and I was scratching his shoulder. I just left the room after he distanced himself from me. When I got out of the room, I heard him breaking things. He probably became more angrier than before.

What was wrong with me? I was slipping but I literally dig a hole with that kiss. I should go and hide in that hole because there was no way I could face him again. I needed to do some self reflect as well. Murat understood something that wasn't even there. No one was forcing me to do any anymore. It was my decision.

I started to remember how things were and what I had done after coming back. I was really upset with everyone but over the time, I got lost in my feelings and I had no anger or sadness to pin on anyone. I even forgot my brother after his lame apology in Zain's cabin.

I was becoming soft, so much that I had no problem when Grandma asked Murat and I to get married. I remember telling her that everything would happen according to her wish. That time I genuinely thought I was getting married with him and literally had no issues. It was Murat who wanted to do the right thing otherwise we would have been preparing for our marriage. The hell was I doing?

The kiss didn't feel like wrong instead it actually gave a clear picture of our emotions. He had very intense feelings for me. He didn't tell everyone that the marriage was off. He might have developed feelings for me along with the way. Those protective acts, taking care of me and all the other things, he might have had his feelings involved. The kiss gave away that we wanted each other unconsciously. But we could not go back.

We already lied to grandma and I had my own life in Canada. Whatever we shared, we better stop because we would never end up together. I just made everything more messed up. Giving a blind eye was easier than acknowledging whatever tiny feelings I developed over the time.

I spent a sleepless night and I went to the hospital early in the morning. I met Zain and the other boy, both of them were recovering well. They were mostly sleepy because of the medicines. "How is Aayaz?" My brother asked.

"Good, looks like he is getting close to grandma. She talks a lot with him." I cleared my throat.

"I know it's your life so, I am not going to say anything about your partner but invite him to have lunch or dinner. Whatever suits you both. We need to know him and welcome him in the family."

"You know it that you can not invite him in your house because half of the time you and Ayfer live in this hospital. She already have too much in her plate. We can do this after Zain is fully healed and discharged. Don't burden her more."

"We can always go to a restaurant. If you are really serious about him and wants to marry him, he needs to meet your family." I was really annoyed as I did not like lying at all.

"We will see. I heard Grandma is planning some party. Why don't you meet him there?"

"I come here after I am done with my work. I am not attending any party. Also, I cannot talk to him properly in that party."

I was called by a very senior doctor. He was very powerful in the hospital almost like owning the hospital. He is the only doctor whose family owns a part of the hospital. That's where all the powers came from.

I didn't know why I was called because I was no longer associated with the hospital. Also he never call people over like that because he had better things to do. I expected nothing but serious talks from him and he exactly gave me that.