Chapter 25

Nandini Arora's POV

I rushed to the apartment to see if Hayat was already in, otherwise I needed to call the police. Though I did not believe that Manik could harm her but we never know who is capable of what.

When she entered in the apartment, she saw Hayat pacing in the living room. She looked tensed and she was calling someone through her phone.

"Hayat?" I called her out and she turned towards me with relief in her eyes. We both went towards each other and shared a hug.

"Thank God, you are fine."

We said it together and broke the hug. "Where were you? I kept calling you on your phone but you just vanished. Are you hurt? What did he do to you?"

That meant Hayat saw Manik, pulling me into a car and that's why she was worried. Manik might have said that hijacking thing to scare me. That man!

I was going to reassure her that I was fine and all when she said, "It's all my fault. He got you because of me."

I frowned. She knew Manik? Was she betraying me for that jerk?

"If I knew he would be there, I would have never go there. My nightmare is back and I don't know what will happen. Damn you Yilmaz!"

She talking about someone else means she was indeed in danger! "Oh God! I thought you directly came home. But he was telling the truth. Someone really hijacked your car with you. Are you fine? That insufferable man! Why did he came back."

"Wait, someone really took you away and you knew him." Her eyes narrowed.

"You also seem to know your hijacker." I narrowed my eyes as well.

We were having a contest for a few minutes but we both were really tired. We looked away and groaned. Looked like we need to share everything.

"Let's get cleaned first. We will order some food and talk while having it... Or after having it." Hayat said and I nodded.

It felt weird, after three years, I was going to share it with someone. I was back inside of that box and it's sickening. I did not wanted to deal with Manik. "This time, either he will be killed or I will kill myself. Enough of everything."

I took a shower and after that I sat in front of the steaming food. Hayat served me and we ate without saying anything. We both were thinking about something, our mind was occupied.

After eating, we cleaned up the plates and dumped the packages. We were just toiling away to waste our time. Finally we could not find to do anything else so it was the most exciting story time! Every pun intended.

We both sat silently looking at nothing. I couldn't understand were to start. Should I start with how miserable my life was with my job and my parents? should I tell her about the forced engagement or should I tell her about the worst mother in law and fiance anyone could get? After a lot of thinking, I decided to go with the extreme one first. After that it would be easy to share everything.

"I ran away from my marriage."

"I ran away from my wedding."