Chapter 23

Hayat Aslan's POV

Why? I was having a good evening why he had to be there? I never liked to be dramatic but when I saw him on the runway looking exactly at me as if he had pinned me there with his intense stare.

My breath was knocked out of me, actually I felt like something just sucked all the energies out of me. My legs almost gave out on me but a frantic movement from beside me helped me to get a hold of me. Nandini was pulling me towards the doors when a door man told her that Nial forbid anyone to leave from the door.

I was in a daze that's why I couldn't see her expression first. I noticed it when she scowled. "Excuse me? There were no rule like that."

"Sorry mam, we are just following the orders."

Nandini looked back, provably glaring at her boss. I could feel Murat's intense gaze on my back. I had no wish to face him so, I turned to Nandini.

"Nandini, I need to go. I need to go out of here, now."

"I need to go out of here as well. We can go out through the backstage. Come with me." she hold my hand and dragged me along with her.

I was too focused on leaving the place that I did not find it odd that Nandini was leaving with me when she needed to be present there.

She got me out of that venue but I knew if I successfully leave from here, Murat would search for me. But it looked far fatched, there was a high chance that Murat would not let me leave.

The venue was located in a tall building. Plenty of places to hide as well as plenty of time for him to stop me.

He knew about me being there otherwise he would not have noticed me in that crowd, just in one glance. It pointed towards so many things! I would never going to go back with him even if he forces.

Looked like Nandini understood the urgency of my situation. As she pressed the elevator to open. It was not safe because the front door guards could easily stop them from leaving. Nandini pressed the underground parking lot button.

"How are we going to leave from there? My car is in the open parking lot." That's when I looked at her clearly. She was sweating, looked pale.

"Are you okay? You are not supposed to take so much stress just to get me out of here."

"I told you, I need to get out as well. We have the company van there to take the dresses away. They are probably loading it and that's the only way for us to get out of here. Actually, why am I dragging you with me when you can just go out through the front door. Let me press the ground floor-"

"No! No, I can't go out through the front gate. We will take your company van."

She frowned and sigh. "Are we both in danger? Oh God! Why did you bring him in front of me?"

I leaned on the elevator wall and said, "Same question".

We both were trying to sneak away. That meant two people were going to work together to stop us. Wasn't it wonderful? Not.

When we reached the parking lot, we saw it was empty. Only two cars were there and company van was nowhere to be seen. "What? Where is the van? It is not supposed to go anywhere until I say so. Why.. It's so empty?"