Chapter 24

Hayat Aslan's POV

I waited for Nandini to come and sit beside me but she never did. I looked behind to see what was taking her so long. Then I heard the car door opened and someone got into it.

"Nandini, what took yo-..." I turned to look at her but instead of her, my worst nightmare was sitting there.

"Wh... What are you doing here?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"I should be asking that question, don't you think?" He said with his famous arrogance.

I was seconds away from cursing at him. "Why are you here and where is Nandini?" I tried to get out of the car, simply an excuse to get away from him.

But he hold my arm to stop me. "She is where she should be. Now you are going somewhere."

"I am not going anywhere." I wiggled my arm to get free. "Leave my hand and leave from here, right now."

"Can't do that, love. Just start driving."

"Love? Why did- anyway who cares. Just leave, I am not going to be your personal chauffeur."

"You sure?" He fixed his coat then I saw it. Something was peeking from his under pocket and it looked like a gun.

"Are you... Are you serious? You are now threatening me with a gun?!" I never thought he could do something like that.

"Well, I am hijacking your car with you in it so a gun is needed to give a classic touch." He said with a smirk.

"You.. You.."

"Unbelievable? I know that. Now start the car. You are really hard to find, how can I let you get away so easily? Let's go, love. We have a lot to talk about."

I started the car with no choice. I started to panic. I didn't know what he would do to me. He looked calm and enjoying my panic state. He had a gun with him and if he went classic with it then my body would be found in a ditch or he would bury me somewhere.

I was losing my control and focus over the car. The car swayed like it was driven by an inexperienced driver. "I didn't know you fear me so much. Good to know but you don't need to get scared right now."

That meant he was planning something for later. I hands started to shake and I totally lost my control. My car was about to hit other car when Murat took a hold of the wheel and managed to control it from the passenger seat.

He turned the auto driver mode on and the car started to go smoothly after he put a location on the GPS. I was breathing heavily and he kept looking at me.

"You know, this is the most vulnerable you ever were in front of me. You did not say anything but your reaction is telling me that you are not ready to talk and I am sure you won't be ready in the future as well. I don't have any gun on me, relax."

He took me to his penthouse and I was just following whatever he was telling me to do. I was feeling extremely stupid for my act in the car. I was feeling angry but my body reacted in a complete different way. I was not ready to face him. I thought I got away and let my body relaxed but he came there unexpectedly and my body went under a shock.

"So, what do you want to talk?" I said as soon as I entered in his penthouse.

He said nothing and walked more inside. He got rid of his coat then I saw that it wasn't a gun. It was a black thin box, Ina shape of a pipe. He did not have any gun but he used that to scare me. What could I expect from a manipulative person.

"I think that you know about what I want to talk." He said as he unbutton his top buttons and folded his sleeves. It was a sight to behold. He was too handsome but unfortunately his behavior... Err..

"Is this about me, backing out of that wedding? It's been three soon to be four years and you are still hanging on it. I thought you would chose someone close to you as your wife and forget that I ever existed." I shrugged.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You didn't back out. You ran away. I had fair share of women in my life but only one is branded to be my wife and that's you. I don't forget about the things that are mine and you are my fiance how can I forget about you?"

"You should have. Because this girl, right here had moved on long ago. I have a boyfriend." I said with a pride which would make anyone believe it. But he literally hollered with laughter.

It was stupid but that good looking jerk looked good there as well. "I don't think I have said anything funny let alone a joke."

"You did." He was laughing and wiped the nonexistent tears from his eyes. He control himself and walked towards me. He stopped when he was standing too close. I tried to back away but he hold my arms to stop me from moving.

"Do you think I would have let you persue your career here if you were going out with other men." He said it, directly looking into my eyes. My breath was knocked out of my lungs at that point.

"Yo..you knew?"

"Of course, I knew. You think you can come here through the hospital connections and I won't find out about it? I knew about it all these time. I just chose not to show up."

"Then why did you show up now?" I shouted while trying to get away.

"Because your time is up. You got a lot of freedom but it's time for you to come back. Everyone is waiting for you."

"I did not ask anyone to wait for me. I am not going back."

He left my arms and walked over the couch. "You know what will happen right? You will lose everything possibly your doctorate license will be gone as well."

"Of course, I know you manipulative jerk. I am not afraid of that. In fact if you have acted like a changed man then I am sure I would suffer from a massive heart attack."

"I know that's why I am here to save you from that."

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

"You will know about it tomorrow. You should go back to your house. Manik probably dropped Nandini off there."

"Manik, is he involved with you in this as well?"

"Don't worry, he was just fulfilling his duty of a friend. And don't even think about running away again." He said with a nerve-racking glare. He became more scary over the years, clearly worked on his angry look.

Before he said something more, I stomped out of his penthouse while I was angry, irritated, sad, confused literally everything. I was angry that he came here for me, irritated because he wanted to take me back, Sad because I was missing my family as it's been long time when I last saw them. Confused because I didn't want to leave from there but on the other hand, I wanted to return as well.

I became frustrated and started to pull my hairs. "He successfully ruined my peaceful life. Guess, who wants to turn off her emotion switch."

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Chapter 25 is available on Inkitt.