chapter 61

Nandini Arora's POV

I was waiting outside of the operation theater. He got himself in an accident, I didn't know if it was pre-planned or not but he got himself severely injured on the highway.

When I was calling him to tell him about the danger, he didn't receive it and when someone did, he was already in the hospital and they were telling me to come. I didn't inform anyone yet. The police told me about what happened and guess what? It was indeed Naagraj and his stupid car was at the crime scene. Naagraj was also admitted to the hospital. He was not that injured. I could have told them that Naagraj had threatened me about Manik's safety but I didn't have any proof and also the call list would not have his number because he called me with a private number. 

I was just praying to God for his safety. I had no idea how injured he was. But I know that his car was turned over and he was literally hanging from his seat.

I was actually scared. Bad thoughts were clouding my mind and I couldn't think of anything else. Nothing should happen to him. If anything happens to him, everything will be ruined. I had to admit that he was the sun in our life. Even though I didn't want it but he was and with a move on everything would crash down. Forget everything, how would I manage myself! I... I need him.

They gave his phone to me and his mother was calling him constantly. I didn't know how to answer her. I received the call but my shaky voice gave it away that something was wrong.

"Nandini? What happened? Where is Manik?" The horror was evident in her voice.

"Aunty, please calm down. Manik is in the hospital. He got himself in an accident." I didn't have to say anything more. She asked me about the address and I knew that she was on a movie.

With each minute my anxiety was reaching its peek. The doctors, the nurses were running to and fro with machines and other things. Tears were sliding from my eyes and I started to shake as well.

I tried to divert my mind. But nothing was happening. I wonder if Manik was the same old one, would I even feel anything? Probably not but the thing changed. I tried so hard to not depend on him for anything but looks like emotionally I did. I was damaged emotionally because of him but things changed. I didn't understand half of my emotions.

Nayona Mehrotra arrived but she didn't react how I expected her to be. Manik has her only child so I expected her to cry and wail like her world just crushed. But she didn't, in fact she tried to understand what's going on.

No wonder that she managed the business when she had to. She was one strong woman. I didn't know if it was because I finally had someone by my side to tackle the situation or everything really went smooth after that.

The operation was done and they shifted Manik in the cabin. Nayona and I was there all night. His condition was stable but not so good.

I could not sleep a wink that night but in the morning I had to go to the office. I had to manage not only mine but I also had to look after Manik's work as well. I was a reading a project file from Manik's table because it was important but I couldn't understand anything. All the stress got me and I just started to cry.

Everything was looking so toxic and I had little to no mental peace at the moment. 'Manik, please get better soon.' I mumbled while wiping my tears.

When I went to the hospital, I saw everyone there. My parents were there and Manik was also conscious. I sighed in relief thinking he was safe. But my head turned towards my parents. "Mom, how did you bring dad here?"

"The hospital let him go and said that he can go home. Your father heard about the accident and that's why he came to meet Manik."

I nodded. But I didn't understand why the hospital let my father go. Because his condition was getting worse day by day so why?