Chapter 21

Hayat Aslan's POV

I wrapped a scarf around my neck that would cover my mouth and the nose. That way half of my face was covered. Even if they saw me, they would not recognize me. I even took most surgeries on my timetable because I would be on the operation theater site all day where most of the people were not allowed to go.

I spent two days like that and in the third day, I was forced to sit on my cabin and see new patients by other senior doctors. Too much surgeries was not good for me as well as for the patients. Any mistake and everything is gone.

I was hiding my face all day from my patients though I removed it once I saw the patient. Anyone was fine who was not Murat. Problem occurred when the lunch time came. I was afraid to go to the closest restaurants and I couldn't order anything to my cabin as hospital did not allow outside food inside the hospital.

I was hungry and going to the hospital canteen was not an option as anyone could see me there. So, I decided to go outside and choose a decent enough restaurant as Murat would never go inside a decent enough restaurant.

I got out of the hospital and crossed the road where the shops, restaurants are lined up. They all were good restaurants so I couldn't go there. I had to walk a little bit to find those decent restaurants. I heard some those had their special platters and it's good.

I found one and was about to get inside when I heard someone calling my name. I froze and turned to see who was the owner of that familiar voice. My eyes widen when I saw Manik standing behind me and my face was still coved, but he recognized me in that condition that means my plan did not work at all. I looked around the see if he was alone or not. I removed my scarf and smiled awkwardly.

"Hi, Manik."

"Oh I thought, I got the wrong person. I saw you coming out of the hospital but I wasn't really sure." He said with a smile.

"That's why you followed me?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

"No, I was coming to this restaurant. I heard they have a must try item."

"They have that's why I am here."

"Cool. You can join me then."

"No, no, I am sure that you have company to eat with you." God forbid if Murat showed up then my heart attack was confirmed.

"Actually, no. I thought I would have to eat alone. But see, I met you here so I don't have to eat alone anymore." When I heard that there was no possibility for Murat to show up out of the blue, I was really happy. Manik was definitely a good guy and it was a pleasure to spent time with him.

"Alright, let's go." We got inside and placed our order. They had no waiter so, we had to order and pay for it in the counter before taking a seat.

"So, how are you?" Manik asked.

"I am good. How about you? Why were you in the hospital mmm area, hospital area?" He clearly did not see me in the hospital that day and he did not say me anything about being in the hospital.

"Actually I went to the hospital. I wanted to consult about my mother. He is in touch with her through calls, emails. He is basically her oversea doctor."

"Oh, what happened to your mother?"

"Her body is failing her, that's what I can say. She went through a lot after my father died. Saving everything from our greedy relatives and managing the office, house, me, took a toll on her. Even her years of healthy diet routine could not save her." He said a sad shrug.

" Life is bad but it's worse for few people. Me as an heart surgeon, I saw many cases of heart attacks because of this kind of hardships, shocks, etc. Earth is a scary place."

Our serial number was announced and Manik went to receive the food. We were eating it silently as the mood dropped after talking about his mother. I saw him feeling uncomfortable.

"What's wrong? Is it not good for you?"

"It is good but the portion is a bit big for me. I don't eat this much usually."

"That's really a normal portion. I eat a lot more than this. I will finish them for you, don't worry."

He laughed. "You are a lot like my fiance. She is a big time foodie, junk foodie."

"You have a fiance? Oh wow! What's her name?"

"I can't tell you that." He said with a serious face.

"Why is that?"

"She is currently hiding from me. If you know her then you're going to warn her that I am here to take her home. I can not take that risk."

He said dramatically and I laughed. He must have been joking. There were few people who did not take names of their fiance because of bad eye and other things. That's why I did not pressure him to tell more. "I am sure that you will take her home."

"By the way, I thought I saw you two days ago when I went to the hospital with my friend." I choked on my food as soon as I heard that. I was having a coughing fit when Manik handed me the glass of water. I sighed after gulping them down.

"Are you okay?"

"Perfect. It's really common for me to do when I am having food don't worry. And you might have seen me because I work there so it is possible to be seen."

"Oh, okay." He did not sound really convincing. He might think me as a weird or mad girl.

"By the way, I wanted to invite you for a party. My friend is having a party for an event on Friday. I would like to extend the invitation to you." Manik said and I wanted to say yes but he said his friend's party. It could be Murat's party or he would attend it. SO, A BIG NO!

"I really want to but I am doing night shift on Friday so, I can't really attend it but thank you for the invitation. Hope you enjoy it well."

"I understand. You seem exactly like my friend, workaholic. I had to drag him with me that day at your hospital. He was so busy that he did not see that he was having an expired milk. Such an ironic thing to do when he is the fiance of a doctor." He laughed.

"Some people do it expired things and be fine. They have to be negative.. I mean, strong metabolism." I tried to smile.

"Oh, did I tell you that he is here to take his fiance home as well?"

I choked for the second time that afternoon.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Chapter 22 is available on Inkitt.