Chapter 12

Hayat Aslan's POV

I was free from my duties for the day. I wanted to spend my free time with someone but I didn't actually have much friends and they weren't free as well. I wanted to see Murat but I dismissed the idea as soon as it came. He was nice and all but still he was up for the wedding. I should not become weak towards him.

I was growing tired, I guess. I was always too busy with my work and then everyone wanted me to get married to him. I couldn't do that all my life. I didn't want to think much and decided to treat myself in my favorite restaurant. It was a five star restaurant that's why I only went there like once in six months.

One of the waiter showed me my seat. I told him what I want beforehand so he left to bring me my food as soon as I sat down. There was a man behind me. I only saw his back but heard his voice as he was talking in his phone.

"She is acting strong! But you said she just do whatever she was told to." His voice eerily sounded like Murat. The haughty one who told her that they were getting married because his grandma wanted them to. I already started feeling the dread in my stomach.

My food came and I just mumbled a little thank you so that he would not recognize my voice. I started to eat so that my knife and spoon made a little noise as it was expected after receiving the food. I wanted to see the real face of Murat Yilmaz.

"She suddenly changed, you say. Women are unpredictable. You need to use some tactics to tame them. Like me, I am behaving and acting soft with Hayat. You won't believe, she is no longer a tigress that she used to be."

I wanted to hit him in his head but I tried to control. "Dude, I don't do soft as well. I am just doing this so that she can agree for the engagement. I have a surprise for her in our engagement party. Poor girl, her whole life is going to be ups and down."

I frowned what the heck he was saying. What surprise could change my life. I was right about him all along. He was no better than his grandfather.

"At least your girl knows that her father's company is going under yours. But my one do not know that. Her brother has faced a huge loss. He can't get out of it so, I am helping him so that he can actually pay off his debt. That is one of the main reason why his brother is going against her. Poor girl will get to know about it after her engagement." He laughed.

His laughter was adding fuel on my wound. So my brother too lost in front of money and he dared to drag our parents into it. I was seeing red everywhere. I so wanted to turn and dump my food on his head.

"You have no idea how much I am good to enjoy that, Manik. She is too proud for her own good and I am going to enjoy walking all over it. You should do something about your one. She is getting too brave."

I calm myself down. If I say anything here then he would do anything to stab my pride. He was really excited for the engagement because of that and she should ruin it for him.

I simply left my table, signaling the waiter to clean the table up, I went to the desk to pay the bill. Even if Murat or any of his people saw me, they would never know that I heard everything.

"Hayat?"

I was getting out of the restaurant but to my bad luck I met with my brother at the entrance. I wanted to lash out on him then and there but it was not a good idea.