Chapter 13

Nandini Arora's POV

"You came back! How was your date with Manik?" Mom was so excited. Every time it was a disappointment still she liked to be that excited for my date with him.

"It was fine until I chugged the file on his head and broke the wine bottle when I was leaving." I said as if it was most normal thing to happen.

"Oh no! Why did you do it?" Mom looked like she was going to pass out.

After seeing my mother's overbearing expression, I shook my head. "He gave me rules to follow and you know one rule just blatantly said that I would be his slave. That was really the last nail of his coffin."

"So what? Men are stupid. They think they can control everyone but at the end nothing happen. You should have just agreed with whatever was written on that file. We are very close Nandini and he already merged your father's company with his company. Now it's us who need to fulfill our side of promise."

"I don't know about you mom, but I am not selling my self respect. What you promised to them, do not concern me. I will put him in his place everytime he does something like this. You and dad want to be mad at me? please go ahead because at this point nothing matters for me anymore." I went to my room without saying anything. I didn't think I am going to have an ounce regret on me.

I was checking on the papers that would have me to go away from everything when I heard my door being knocked. Hurriedly I hide all the documents and sat on my bed like I was not doing anything. My mom came inside with few boxes on her hand. I frowned at the boxs thinking what new drama was going to unfold.

"Nayona sent this. She said Manik do not want to have a grand engagement ceremony. You will get married directly but for media people to know, you and Manik is going to have a photoshoot that will be considered as an engagement photoshoot. I don't know what that man is planning but I think you just dug your own grave."

"And my caring parents are pushing me in that grave right?" I said with a mock smile but my whole body was burning in anger.

"If only you did what you were told. The photoshoot is tomorrow, be prepared and you can check on internet about the couple photos. I know you never had any boyfriend so it could be at it a little awkward for you and it will ruin the photos. Don't try to do anything because we all will be there in that photoshoot."

"Don't worry. I won't try anything. I will be just myself and that's enough reason for you to lose ur sleep." I just couldn't stand it any longer and went out to have a walk. I need to plan something to make that photoshoot memorable for everyone.

Next morning, we went to a Mehrotra palace. The shooting was on the terrace, decorated with the flowers and crystal balls. It exactly looked like an engagement set up. I would never wear a ring from him, I would never let him do that to me. I was taken to a room with stylists to get ready for the photoshoot. If I was going to get ready there then why the heck she sent all those things to my house? I could have just come and take it from her.

The outfit was not traditional at all it was western styled. It covered up my skin well so I didn't say anything. Anyway all these was for show off, I was not going to get married to that prick. After the stylist left me alone in that room, Manik entered without asking for permission.

"What the heck? Don't you know that knocking is a must if you enter in some room?" I said with a frown.

He had the audacity to shrug. "My house, my room, my will. You are officially going to be my fiance after I make you wear this ring." He opened the small black velvet box which had a huge rock for a ring. "You know the myth, right? About the ring finger? it attached to your heart and with this ring I am going to own your heart."