Chapter 56

Nandini Arora's POV

Manik was fuming beside me and my manager was cowering because of fear. I was irritated as well that's why I didn't say anything. "Who gave you the permission to book her for a lunch meeting that too with that Snake?"

"His secretary said that he had no free time except for that time and we should be grateful that he wanted to have the meeting once again."

Most of the times it's not the rich man but their employees who had great ego. I shook my head and heard Manik shouting once again. "And you gave the time without even asking anyone. You know about her health, she needs to eat well but you..."

"Manik. Calm down. I need to meet him anyways. Don't worry about me. I will eat before that and take medicines. It's better if I end it sooner rather than later." I said while standing from my chair. I need to check on my employees.

"I just don't think that you are ready." He gave up fighting.

"I will never be ready. I need to do this. And it's not like I am going to sign anything today. Where is the meeting?" I turned towards my manager.

"I don't know they said that a car will be here to pick you up."

"Oh hell no!" Manik was ready to shout.

"Tell them that I have things to do and I will have to stop in lots of places. I don't have time to wait for his car to come. I will be there by myself so, they should give us the address. Otherwise the meeting is not happening." I said and walked away to check on my employees.

I didn't have places to go. I lied but nobody needs to know. It worked and they sent me the address of the restaurant. The manager got a earful from Manik and hopefully he would be careful next time. I took my manager with me in the meeting because I totally didn't want to be alone with them.

"We did not stop anywhere." The manager mumbled.

"Do we need to?" I got down from the car. I wanted to book a cab but Manik was not giving him any excuse to give me a ride.

I almost felt like we're you air doing do much but him visiting my father in the hospital kept me on edge. I was sure that he had no association with my father, my family or me. Why would anyone visit someone in the hospital whom they don't know. I had so many scenarios going through in my head.

Meeting him and knowing his intentions were all I needed. I had tons of problems and he was being the extra one and I was not liking it.

We got inside of the restaurant and typically enough, the entire restaurant was empty. I rolled my eyes and turned towards my manager. "Don't tell me he booked the whole restaurant just for a lunch meeting."

"I have no idea. Probably it's empty because no one came?" That was a stupid conclusion. It's obviously ain't the reason.

We were taken to the second floor where they had the outside set up going on. "Please take a seat."

"Why is this place empty? I heard about this place and it's always packed. What happened today?" I asked the waiter who received us.

"Mr. Naagraj booked the entire place for this afternoon. You are his special guests." He walked away after asking if we needed something to drink. I already had my lunch so I did not want to drink anything.

We were waiting for Mr. Naagraj but there were no sign for them and it was getting late. I sigh. That man was definitely taking revenge for yesterday even though I had no idea what ha after I fainted. But he booked the whole place, of course not because of a idiotic reason.

I saw the waiters getting worked up and a man wearing suit running. That's probably the manager going to welcome The Naagraj. Finally the busy person were there.

After a while he came with all the waiter behind him. He surely moved like a king. He was thin, tall and had a good physic. He was dark like a knight and his each step was powerful. The only thing I didn't like was the big gold chain he was wearing. Maybe a lot smaller would have looked better.

"You must be waiting for a long time." He said as soon as he stopped in front of the table.

I wanted to say yes so bad but I was keeping the professional image. "That's fine." No, it was not. I swallowed the later and smiled at him. "Hello, Mr. Naagraj."

"Hello. Mr. Manager, you should have offer them some snacks. Did you?" He suddenly threw his words at the restaurant manager.

He was lost because he didn't even show his face to us. Mr. Naagraj frowned and looked at him. "Did you not welcomed my special guests personally?"

"Err.. Sir..."

I saw things turning bad so I interrupted them. "We were welcomed warmly. We wanted to wait until you come."

"That's very nice of you. I expected nothing less from you. Anyway, Mr. Singh, please take her manager with you and have the meeting. Make sure you treat my guest well." He was giving instruction to probably his assistant but I frowned.

"Wait, why would they have the meeting without us?"

He laughed as if I told him some joke. "I am not that bad to disturb an ill person at her lunchtime."

Hayat Aslan's POV

I again couldn't sleep that night. The scene kept playing in front of my eyes. I gotta tell him if I want him that also meant that he didn't give up on me like I thought. He was waiting for my words!

I was thinking how he was doing that. It's not easy for a man like him. That's why he told me to not make it difficult. I was feeling all sort of confusion and my emotions were jumbled. I should not have got involved with him at all.

I finally came to the conclusion that I would let everything happen the way it was supposed to happen. I went downstairs for the breakfast knowing very well he might be there as it was weekend. But he was not there.

"Grandma, you know moving too much is not good for you. Climbing stairs is not good for you as well."

"Who told you that I climb the stairs?" She asked with a smile.

"Then how do you come down all these times?" I sat beside her.

"I use the elevator." She laughed.

"There is an elevator?" I asked with wide eyes.

"You didn't know? It's a small one for me." She was laughing at me.

"But where is it? How come I never saw it before or you are pulling my leg?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"It's well hidden. I will show you later."

I had my doubts but I didn't want her to think that I was invading too much. The butler serve us our breakfast when we heard Murat coming down.

"Murat, where are you going? It's Sunday. But you look like you are ready to work." Grandma said and I looked at him.

"Good Morning, Grandma. I have plans with Aada. I am on my way to pick her up." He smiled at her and I raised my eyebrow. I couldn't tell if he was lying.

"Oh! You have plans with her. Good, you should spend more time with her. Then you will know if you really like everything about her." I cleared my throat as soon as she said that. She probably hoping to get rid of the extra ones.

"That reminds me, Hayat, do you have plans with Aayaz?" I should not have attract her attention.

"He has shoots Grandma. But we will go out for dinner." I said with a smile. I could feel his eyes on me.

"That's good. You new couples should go outside and have fun."

I nooded but I was thinking if I should really ask Aayaz out for dinner.