Chapter 45

Nandini Arora's POV

I was sleeping because my hard work paid off and I finished three completely different dresses for different occasions. I didn't allow myself to overthink about the designs because the more I think the more things I would add or remove so it would take me forever.

I know that other designers were trying to fix their dresses for the last time, I just slept annoying I was perfectly ready for the show. I was sleeping peacefully when I was aggressively forced to wake up. I thought it must be Katherine but no, it was Manik. Exactly the person I wanted to see that time. I rolled over and closed my eyes again.

"Nandini, get up." he wanted me to rest and when I was resting he came to disturb me.

"Go away, I don't wanna go anywhere with you." I mumbled.

"I am not taking you anywhere. I planned a blind date for you and I am sure that you are going to like him. Don't make him wait."

"You did what!!" That made me got up from my sleeping position. He looked so offended and angry when I wanted to date other man but he, himself got me a blind date. Did he become crazy because of my rejection?

"A blind date. I did not knew that it's so much fun to be a wingman."

I knew I had a stupid expression because it was unbelievable. I would never believe it even if there was actually a date. "Manik, I am not going to be fooled. So drop this prank. I need to sleep." I turned and laid on the bed again. But he held my elbow and dragged me up.

He bent a little when he was dragged my hand through the air and it made me go really close to her face. "It's the truth. I am helping you with your search for perfect man."

"You just told me that you want to start from fresh and now you are bringing men for me to date. You think I'm stupid?" I rolled my eyes.

"You don't understand. This way you will soon understand that you can not find a better man than me." He said proudly.

I was not surprised at his nonsense plan. He would not be a Mehrotra if he did not do things like that. "You are wrong. You can't be better than everyone else and you don't need to. Let's see whom you chose for my first date."

I thought I could not be surprised anymore but I was surprised and irritated equally. Out of all people, I definitely was not expecting my boss to be my blind date. I shook my head and looked up towards my boss.

"Is he out of his mind? You are my boss for goodness sake. But you are also his friend, so tell me, how are you going to make this date a miserable one, Nial." If he even tried anything, both of them would not gonna hear the end of it.

"He did not tell me to do anything. According to him, going in a date with me itself is a bad luck. That brat!" I laughed at his expression.

"Does Katherine know what you are up to? I don't want to give her any wrong impression." I said but I was not expecting his reply.

"It's none of her business. She doesn't need to know everything about me and my personal life." He sounded mad. It made me smirk.

"So, you are telling me that you don't care what she thinks about you. And you also don't care what she does in her personal life."

"Yes and then thats how it should be. I am her boss and she is my secretary, other than that we have no business outside of the office." He said in a haughty tone.

"That's great, you can help me then." I took a bite of my food.

"What kind of help? I thought he was helping you enough." He frowned.