Chapter 59

Hayat Aslan's POV

Aayaz and I were wearing matching outfits to look like a couple. We did not dress up very fancy because it was just a dinner. Erhan and Ayfer would not be that prepared. Finally I was letting them meet Aayaz officially.

Erhan had to bug me a lot for it. He would be suspicious if I keep denying him continuously. I was wearing a blue dress and Aayaz was wearing jeans with a white shirt. The restaurant was a normal one not fancy exaggerated one, I was expecting.

I was sitting awkwardly not knowing what to say. We just greeted them and that's it. Ayfer was the one who started to talk. "So, when did you two met?"

We planned it before, Aayaz would answer them to show that I was reliable on him to answer instead of me. Why was I doing it again? Oh yeah, so that no one could talk to me about marriage again.

"I went for a shot in Canada and had a little accident. I was taken to her hospital and she was one of the doctors who came to check on me. We started to talk from there and she finally agreed to be my girlfriend few months ago."

"You were never the type who date their patients." Erhan pointed and I just shrugged.

"Technically he was not my patient. He didn't need to have my service. I just came to check if everything was alright. Some other doctor was in charge of him."

"What's your intention about my sister?" Erhan asked.

"My intentions are clear. I want to spend all my life with her. But she wants to take things slowly. She doesn't seem to trust anyone that easily." He answered exactly how he was told to. He really has a great future with that talent.

Murat roaming around with Aada already made it to the headlines and this meeting of ours would do the same on the next day.

"So, you have no plan to get married."

"No, I want to take things slow and get to know each other. I don't want to realize later that I made a mistake." He was supposed to answer this but I felt like I should answer this.

Our food arrived and my brother interrogated Aayaz about his personal and personal life. Needless to say, my brother was not really satisfied because Aayaz was obviously not established whereas I was a senior doctor. It was not like we were in a relationship but for him we were so, he was not that happy. I was thankful that he didn't say anything about it even though Aayaz was not my actual boyfriend but I could not let him get insulted.

"Do you think that the long distance will work? She is going back to Canada in few days." Ayfer asked.

"Well, we want it to work. We want it to keep trying and leave it to destiny for it to decide if we are in each other's fate." Aayaz replied.

After few more questions, the dinner ended. I sighed in relief. They will go back to the hospital in a few seconds.

"Since you are only dating, I am not going to welcome you in the family. But if you did anything to my sister, the first punch will be mine." Erhan threatened and Ayfer just dragged him away.

"Don't mind him." I said.

"He will be the happiest one if he got to know that this whole thing are fake." He said and we laughed.

At night, I wanted to dial Nandini's number because I failed to talk to her again that day. But before I could do that, Selim's number lit up my phone. Whenever I want to talk to her, something always happened.

"Hayat, did you hear it?"

"Hear what?"

"It's a mess in Canada. The economy dropped and a crisis is born. They are pulling foreigners out of the job."