Chapter 48

Nandini Arora's POV

Everyone was talking among themselves. And I saw my name getting ruined like that. "This b!tch...." Rise murmured as she came by my side immediately and held my shoulder to support.

I sighed because I would have to confront her. There was no way I would let that little miss ruin my career. I was about to go on the stage but Manik and Nial beat me to that. They hopped onto the stage from the audience section and Nial took the mic.

"That's the head of my designing team and you all know that today my company is not participating. She took leave and tonight she is representing her father's company. I invited her for the dinner because I wanted to know her plans. What if my team leader do not comeback? It was a friendly dinner Miss Tiara, if you want to give it another meaning then I am upset that you have this kind of mentality."

"I have not even say anything. I just wanted to show that you both have some close relationship. I even saw your secretary helping her. That's why I didn't want any partiality." She was not backing down and I knew things were about to turn nasty.

Rise stopped me when I was moving towards the stage. "If you go there then things are only gonna get worse. Let them handle it."

"I understand your concern but don't worry, you are not going to win. I know it's not a competition but everyone gave their best shot. You on the other hand made very basic clothes. Maybe you were busy with something else." Nial smirked.

"What do you mean by that? I put my heart and soul into my work." Tiara shouted.

"But we saw you using your passion into something else as well. Should we show this to others as well?" Manik said and I was literally praying to my stars.

We all were holding our breath to see what Manik was talking about. The screen lit up with a video that boiled my blood. Miss Ye Ti started the fire that burned down my initial clothes and plans. That's why they couldn't save my work because she started it from my station.

"This b!tch is done, she is done." Rise said angrily.

I just wanted to go on stage and slap the shit out of Miss Ye Ti before pulling her hair. The rage made her yeti from Tiara for me. But I didn't want to tarnish my reputation because of her.

"Woah, you were ruining another designer's clothes and now you are talking about fairness. What should we do to you for Miss Nandini to get her justice?"

In the next few minutes the whole thing blew up by the media. Ye Ti Ara had been banned by most of the respective brands and shows. Even her employer had to sack her from the job because of the psychological pressure created by the situation.

Just like that her career was ruined. She wanted to ruin mine but why? I never met her before so why? I actually followed her to her room where she was packing her things.

"Why did you do that? I don't think I have ever met you before for you to have any grudge against me."

"Well, I heard about you. When I was getting praises for my dress then everyone compared me to you, made you my rival. Everyone was like Nandini can bring her down from her high horse. I wanted to prove everyone wrong but look what happened. My life is ruined because of you." She shouted.

" Are you crazy? You ruined your life all by yourself. I was not even the medium. Why did you let others bother you? If you really wanted to prove them wrong then you should have focus on your own work. But no, you decided to sabotage and made those mediocre dress. Do you know how much competition we have in this field. Everyone can be our rival but you targeted one and ran with it. Idiot! All the best for getting any job. Let me give you some advice. If you can't land on any job, then start your own business."

The new ones in business trapped themselves in things like this and then they face brutal treatment. I was not really mad at her because I was about to scrapped my old ideas off. If she wanted to stay in the industry then she would have a lot of things to endure.

"Nan, where were you? You are announced as one of the top 3." Rise came to me as soon as I walked by the backstage.

"What?"

"We need to go" She dragged me on the stage.

"Congratulation Nandini." Another designer who was already on the stage congratulated me.

"Thank you and you too." I replied her but I was still in a daze. I understood that three of us became top 3. But there was no top 3 plan from the beginning.

"What is going on?" I mumbled at Rise.

"After all the fiasco they decided not to announce the best one but top 3." She murmured back.

"Good safe." I was impressed.

"Oh my God!" someone shouted and we looked back and saw Nial proposing Katherine!

Hayat Aslan's POV

A very cute girl with curly hair was looking at me with her big doe eyes. "Hello, I am Hayat. Your father's friend. What's your name?"

The girl looked towards the door once and then replied, "I am Aada." She was not like other kids, she didn't have the playfulness in her eyes or anything.

I rotate my wrist around "Did you draw all these pictures?"

"Yes." Was her one word answer.

"Wow, your father told me that you are amazing at painting but I didn't know what he was talking about but these pictures are beautiful."

"Thank you."

After praising for her painting, she started to get friendly with me but she didn't had the childlike behavior. I asked her the meaning behind her paintings and it was not something I expected. She was a kid, what did she knew about dark life!

"How is your grandma?" I asked and she went back to cautious form as before.

"She is nice. She is very good to me. She let me play all day." She said like a recorder, without any emotion in it.

I understood what was happening and felt so bad for the little girl. She was too young to go through it. At that moment the grandma knocked on the door. She gave me enough time with Aada and I was thankful for that.

"Aada, I will come back again. We didn't finish talking about your paintings."

She just gave me a plain 'ok' after spare a glance at her grandma.

"You are going to come back?" The old lady asked once we got out of the room. "You already saw everything. Why do you need to come back?"

She sounded too eager to get rid of me. I just gave her a smile even though I wanted to confront her. She might harm Aada later and that's the only reason why I said nothing in return.

"Good question. Why don't you talk to your son? He insisted me to come back." I smiled and turned to get the heck out of the house.

Murat was waiting outside of the house. I wanted to ask how did he come here but the urge to get away from there was really strong. I just got in the car without saying anything and Murat looked at me in concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I won't be until I know that the kid is safe." I said while dialing Selim's number.

"How did it go, Dr. Hayat?" He asked as soon as he received the call.

"If you want to save your daughter then take her to you. It's hard for me to even leave her there with your mom!"

========================

Chapter 49 is available on Inkitt.