Chapter 18

Hayat Aslan's POV

I went for a shopping spree to buy some clothes or accessories for me. I needed casual yet good clothing for the hospital. Most of my clothes were old enough to expire.

I bought new jeans, tops, jumpsuits, sneakers. I stopped wearing heels in the hospital when I tripped and fractured my leg. I was running towards the emergency room for a patient when I tripped. At first it was slight ache and I thought it was because of the fall and continue to treat the patient. Later the pain increased and my foot started to swell.

I was off from any kind of surgery or emergency patients for straight three weeks. I was just seeing new patients and their reports determining their condition.

When I was hopping from one shop to another, I really liked a dress in the display. That reminds me that I needed to buy few party dresses as well. I went inside the shop and asked about the dress. The saleswoman looked at me with a little regret. "We are really sorry, mam. That dress is out of stock. New stock will come after few days."

"You can give me the display one." I had no problem buying the display one as I did it before too.

"Display one has some default. That's why we can't really give that to you."

"Fine. I will just check other dresses then." When I was checking other dresses, I heard a commotion going around in the front of the shop. All the sales persons were running to aid whoever had arrived. Probably some VIP customers.

I took some dresses to check it out in the changing room. A sales girl took them from me to place inside. She bumped into another sales girl who also had many dresses on her hand. They hurriedly collected the dresses from the floor and ran to their respective duties.

They were really young in their sixteen or seventeen maybe. It looked funny but cursed at each other while running. I laughed softly and went inside the room. Before I could start changing, I saw the same dress as the display one in the pile of my selected dress. "Why did they lie about not having this dress?"

I went out to ask the sales woman who told me that it's out of stock. I found her standing with others surrounding a customer sitting on the sofa. It was a young man in suit. I frowned as it was only ladies shop.

"Mom said there would be 15 dresses but here are only 14 bags." So he came in place for his mother.

The sales girls started to panic as they started to check every dress with the order. "Oh, you have the dress." One of them noticed the dress in my hand.

"I was coming to talk to you. you said that the dress is out of stock then how did it ended up in my pile of selected dresses?"

"That's because we added them in the orders. That's why he is going to have this as his mother ordered it first."

"If you like that dress then you can keep it. Mom is not going to wear half of them anyway. So, you keep it." The young man said and the sales girls went a bit far away from us as if giving us some privacy.

"It's okay. Your mother ordered it then obviously she liked it."

"Trust me, she likes every beautiful thing. There are countless dresses in her wardrobe which are waiting for her to wear them at least once. So, keep it."